Transmission dowel pins

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
evguy1

Transmission dowel pins

Post by evguy1 »

I have some EV and TDI to Datsun/Nissan adapters ready to ship but have a customer saying the dowels are different on his KA trans than my adapters.
I used a 280Z and later a 510 trans from MikeY to confirm my patterns. Has anyone run into the different trans dowel pin thing?
Looks like the KA uses a 14MM lower and 9.5MM top dowel and the older stuff used two lower 12mm dowels. I did a KA into a Datsun truck many years ago and don't remember any dowel problems.
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Transmission dowel pins

Post by datzenmike »

No the lower driver's side are all the same L16/18 20B/Z20/22/24,CA18/20, SD22/25 and the KA. 11022-21000

Top ones are the same except possibly different material or something minor as indicated by the slightly different part number. 30412-H1000 or 30412-H1001.

Never heard of a 71C not fitting a 71B engine or the other way around.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Mike,
I’ve not played with them personally but I have been told that the KA single cam and twin cam bell housing patterns are different. The single cam transmissions have the same bell housing pattern as the older L, NAPS Z etc, where the twin cam KA units are different. Perhaps someone who’s documented this could elaborate and help you.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

The one on the left is likely JDM and has a waffle pattern. Has a CAS mounted in the top of the bell reading the starter ring teeth? Can't remember where I got the picture but can't find it on the KAs here at all. The right is the older style ribs.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs