The SSE (Super Sport Estate) Project

View and post your 510 project(s)
goichi1
Supporter

Re: The SSE (Super Sport Estate) Project

Post by goichi1 »

damn! I can't watch the video, it ways I'm missing a plug in for firefox, I click on the find and install button but it just says there is no plug in available??? does anyone know how to fix this? Please.........
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

goichi1 wrote:damn! I can't watch the video, it ways I'm missing a plug in for firefox, I click on the find and install button but it just says there is no plug in available??? does anyone know how to fix this? Please.........
Didn't you get a new Mac? Just watch it in Safari, works for me.
ace028

Post by ace028 »

ya, it works fine in safari for me, and imo safari is way better. Usually when it tells you that you need a plugin, you can click it, and it takes you to a page where you can download the plugins from apple I think, its been a long time. You will not regret getting your mac, I loved my imac so much I bought 2 MacBooks. I bought a 06 mbp broken, fixed it, and have been using it flawlessly for the past year on my deployment.

Can't wait to see more progress on this build, your work is absolutely awesome!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Cool, I will try that, I have been using Firefox so long that I was just comfortable with it, I'll try Safari....thanks again
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

just watched it at work, it's amazing how smooth it runs, I figured it would start jumping around all over the place! Very nice stand too! Hopefully I can start building stuff soon....just a few more things to get!!
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

It is pretty smooth, I didn't even lock the lockable caster in the rear. It didn't move at all, that surprised me. It likes to rev too ,with the 14lbs JWT flywheel. The old school hot rodder that lives behind me, heard it, came over to check it out. First thing out of his mouth was "sure sounds nice" and then was asking about the electronic throttle and how it worked, he is used to carbs. A great day for me, getting it started, more fun to come!
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

[quote= Very nice stand too! Hopefully I can start building stuff soon....just a few more things to get!![/quote]

Still more work to do on the stand, like maybe mount a radiator & exhaust so that I can run it more a longer mount of time. Yea, you will start building stuff and then remember that you should be working on other stuff like the FJ Crusier or the yard, honey do's, etc. But, I just like building stuff, especially if its for my Datsun's.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Next up, made a holder for a Bosch 3.5bar (51Lbs) fuel pressure regulator to make the VQ35DE from a return less system to a return type. These Bosch FRP are now used on a lot of euro cars, they are small, and available though Bosch Motorsport's in different pressures.

http://htsmall.automotion.com/assets/pp ... 914467.jpg

Machined from round stock, made with three holes , two on the side for inlet and outlet and one on the bottom for return.

Image Image

A shot of the interior;

Because I had to machine a .051" groove for the internal retaining clip and didn't have a proper width tool, I made one out of water hardened 3/8" drill rod as shown in this picture. Then hardened, tempered, honed the cutting edge. It worked perfectly on cutting the groove .040" deep.

Image Image
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

Anything new to report Monte?

Always entertaining to see whats new with your engineering.

Matt D.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Sorry, no big updates on the SSE, I have been working on the FJ project mostly.

On the SSE front, I have been thinking how to support the the front of the differential, possibly using the front leaf spring mounting pads and the WRW/STI differential front sub frame.

Just kind of brain storming at this point, but when you have been sanding on the covered wagon (FJ) for weeks, it's nice to think about something else. The big problem with the FJ is there are a lot of pieces to refinish. Everything on the body bolts on and there's lots pieces. I have to keep telling myself that this thing is a off-road vehicle, but I am anal.
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

The Anal trait makes nice sound cars/trucks. Half assed makes polished turds. I think thats how it goes ;)

How many irons do you have in the fire?
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Many projects and honey do's, but the FJ and the SSE mostly. The problem with me is that I get bored easily if I work too long on one project, so I move from project to project, which means that I hardly ever get things done. But, I do brain storm on the other projects when I am working on the current one.The good news is that long periods of brain storming allows me to refine an idea.
I did finish this one project though, an Atlas 7B metal shaper, always was intrigued by metal shapers, so got one and totally rebuilt it.

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

510wizard wrote:always was intrigued by metal shapers, so got one and totally rebuilt it.
:lol:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC »

510wizard wrote:Many projects and honey do's, but the FJ and the SSE mostly. The problem with me is that I get bored easily if I work too long on one project, so I move from project to project, which means that I hardly ever get things done. But, I do brain storm on the other projects when I am working on the current one.The good news is that long periods of brain storming allows me to refine an idea.
I did finish this one project though, an Atlas 7B metal shaper, always was intrigued by metal shapers, so got one and totally rebuilt it.

That's pretty slick. I'm not a machinist, so please forgive my ignorance. What does a metal shaper allow you to do that can't be done using a mill?
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Basically the shaper came before the mill, history wise and can do the same work. A mill can remove more material faster, which is why the shaper fell out of favor. But, a shaper can do internal keyways and gears and splines (internal & external) that a mill can't do. I like to just watch the thing run, it's all mechanical, gears, levers and such, perfect for a gearhead!