Shiny New Dimes

View and post your 510 project(s)
nickledimeme
Supporter

Re: Shiny New Dimes

Post by nickledimeme »

I just got her back last night from the body shop. Here she is in near finished condition. Build can be seen in the projects section under "Kermitt the FJ20 POWERED 510". I need to get a real phtographer to take some pics of her. I just took it down the block in mid day and used a a little pocket Cannon digital camera.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2363722 ... 9670jmPAQD
Last edited by nickledimeme on 11 Jan 2010 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer »

I have my Dime just about ready to start. Interior is in, wiring is done, engine and suspension is in, etc. I am fighting the new bumpers and the grille and trying to get them to fit. I will be out of commission for about a month so it will not make noise until I return from the hospital. I can wait!
Attachments
MVC-148F.JPG
MVC-107F.JPG
Ramiro911

Post by Ramiro911 »

old510ballz wrote:Looks great, cant wait to see progress. I like the blue, what is it??
It's called Vivid Blue Pearl.
5casey1dimer0

Post by 5casey1dimer0 »

Heres mine. freshly painted right before i bought it. it looks nice but if i could have i would have chose a different color.
-casey-
shortmorris

Post by shortmorris »

oh i love vivid blue pearl. its from honda i beleave. anyone else have some nice blues? ive always have wanted to do a project and after seeing a dime after moving to oregon i thought that that was the car to do it on.
510BRE

Post by 510BRE »

here is 510 2dr i have restored in 2007 to 2008

GTR510

Post by GTR510 »

bought a painted shell from a mate in jan 2006 (excuse the dustyness, it sat around for 5 years before I bought it)

its now about 85% done with an s14a sr20det, Z32 brakes all round, 5 stud conversion and few other bits

iloverub79

Post by iloverub79 »

oh my god looking all these pics get me really stoke for painting my 510!
Martin SSS

Post by Martin SSS »

Hi guys. I'm about 99% finished with mine. Started a year ago, and as with Neo, battled to get spares and so forth. BTW, I'm also from South Africa. I tried to keep it as original as possible bar the colour and wheels. The interior was done in leather copying the original stitching. As I could not get any new spares, everything had to be reconditioned, chromed, plated or whatever. Engine spares is all that is still available new. Although I became good friends with the guys from Nissan, I bought nothing from them. Here are some pics.

Before

Drivetrain

Plating

Bodyshop

Engine

Interior

Finished

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Nice, Martin! Fantastic restore and great light in those last pictures! You guys are making a strong case for stock 510 restorations.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Martin SSS

Post by Martin SSS »

okayfine wrote:Nice, Martin! Fantastic restore and great light in those last pictures! You guys are making a strong case for stock 510 restorations.
Thank you kind Sir. :) I had a lot of plans before I started but then realized that original ones were like hens teeth.
vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer »

Another 510 saved! I can appreciate all of the work you did in getting the "correct" pieces for your stock restoration. It is a very lovely car. Do you have a web page with more pics?
paul97

Post by paul97 »

What center console is that?
Martin SSS

Post by Martin SSS »

paul97 wrote:What center console is that?
That is the original. We got them here in 1973 in the runout models.
Martin SSS

Post by Martin SSS »

vintageracer wrote:Another 510 saved! I can appreciate all of the work you did in getting the "correct" pieces for your stock restoration. It is a very lovely car. Do you have a web page with more pics?
Yes. I kept 4 forums updated with the build. http://www.nissanownersclub.co.za/forum ... php?t=3742 is one from South Africa. I also kept the guys in Australia updated
http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 27&start=0 The build actually started on another forum in SA, but an Internet tantrum made us all leave and start a new forumhttp://www.cartoday.com/cgi-bin/ultimat ... 000007;p=1. For a condensed version of the pictures, you can visit the Dutch website at http://www.nissanclub.nl/index.php?topic=26057.0