woohoo! almost done!

View and post your 510 project(s)
reject510

Post by reject510 »

floor pans are a minor headache, try doing a whole body restoration on one. especially when the whole thing is rotted out in every little place that you can see and can't see. it gets very aggravating. wound up doing that with my 71 that i had with a hopped up l16 in it. hopefully i can buy it back from the guy i sold it to. he hasn't done a damn thing with it in the 2 years that he's had it
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Mine has rust under the driver's side pedals, all the way up to the seat mounts, which I'm sure could be refurbished somehow and strengthened... then the rear pans are the same way, holes in the center, and rotting even more... then under the back seat (I have a '71 2-door) there are holes forming (pooled water.. car sat in a swamp for a few ...years.)

I am going to wire wheel everything come spring, cut out the nasty area's, and have some new peices welded into place. A good coat of primer, a nice top coat, and she'll be good as new.

Drop in some Dynamat, roll it out flush with the floor, make sure there is a very positive adhesion taking place, put some of that non-skid stuff over the top of that (comes in mats..), carpet insulation over that, carpet on that, and that should keep the moisture and noise out!!

-goes to make a new thread for the Floorpan stuff...-
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE