Evlevo's 72 510 Sedan

View and post your 510 project(s)
evlevo

Re: Evlevo's 72 510 Sedan

Post by evlevo »

Got a lot of the front end ripped off and one fender. Only broke every bolt! My goal before the snow flies is to get the car completely stripped and fully inspected then ill have to hide inside till spring. By then i should have my parts sourced.

Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

That rust is pretty typical of any salt belt car, I've seen a lot worse than this. Pretty straight forward fix.
Broken fender bolts are a sinch. Since Nissan used rolled thread bolts with bolt blanks that weekend actually smaller than the minor diameter of the thread, you can usually heat up the sheared bolt, and grab the bolt from the backside and wind it out. I've done this many, many times with a 95% success rate.

Keep us posted.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Yea, I always just tighten the fender bolts till they brake off on rusty ones, it's easy to back them out from the other side once you get the fender off. Jeff Hino taught me that trick and it works every time.
MCMLXXXV

Post by MCMLXXXV »

I fixed mine with a custom piece

I can check if I still have the dimensions of the ''flat part'' .. im not sure tho ..
evlevo

Post by evlevo »

Theres some good info here thanks for the tips guys. Ill have to invest in a torch. I get the feeling ill break a few more bolts. Is it just the angle/ of the picture but is your frame rail notched to clear the wheel?
MCMLXXXV

Post by MCMLXXXV »

Yes because it could not be made one shot on the break .. so I made it straight and notched the lower fold to make the round shape . I will post better picture of the whole part .
MCMLXXXV

Post by MCMLXXXV »

there you go :)