68 510 " begining of the aftermath"

View and post your 510 project(s)
missan

68 510 " begining of the aftermath"

Post by missan »

Hi everyone well here is the start of my Dad's new project that he bought from Vancouver.After we got it home we decided to remove the bench seat and clean the floor pans to see how much rot it has. We were suprised to see at only the front floor pans are rusted. Image Image Image Image Image

I will take more pictures of the car as we progress. I will take a picture of the benchseat when Isee it in daylight. My dad has already started collecting parts. He bought another dash pad from Andrew and is very happy with the shape of the dash pad. My dad's goal is to spend as little as possible and make the car look good with our inventory of parts that we have collected.
Byron510

Re: 68 510 " begining of the aftermath"

Post by Byron510 »

Been in that garage once or twice.

I'm so happy you guys got this car, and I know you'll all do it proud.

I look forward to the process, you're going to have to get your dad a digital camera if he doesn't have one, and get him set up here on the Realm - that would be awesome.

Keep us posted Mandeep.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
finn
Supporter

Post by finn »

euro tail lights and that grill make me think someone had big plans for this car at one point.... look forward to seeing your progress
'69 2dr KA24DET
okayfine wrote:You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.
missan

Post by missan »

Those are stock '68 tail lights that are different size than the '69 and up and the grill was also specific to the 68 as well.
ALVEEN

Post by ALVEEN »

hey missan,i have known this car for the last 19 yrs since im in canada.i hve left so many messages on the windshield.the last of my number i placed on it was 5 yrs back n i gave up.lucky you buddy i didnt see the craigslist ad of this car last week or else it wud be my 8th datsun 510 on my lot.too bad my craigslist page is set to maximum $1000 limit for cars.i did call this guy for the 720 pick-up truck the same day it came out.only once he shud hve mentioned a 510 on board 4sale....good luck with it buddy.
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

:shock: BEFORE :shock:

Lookin' good with the first wash in 20 YEARS!
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100