My Datsun 510 1971 PROJECT...

View and post your 510 project(s)
creatorsin

My Datsun 510 1971 PROJECT...

Post by creatorsin »

Whats up guys I need some help I just bought my 510 and I will like to fix it but here in Las Vegas I can't find parts.....HELP
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND......
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND......
510.jpg
James

Re: My Datsun 510 1971 PROJECT...

Post by James »

What do you need to fix? What are you looking for?
Finished is better than perfect......
creatorsin

Post by creatorsin »

I need all the skins for the interior....one taillight, hood.etc
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

creatorsin wrote:I need all the skins for the interior....one taillight, hood.etc
Search ebay, go to http://www.dimequarterly.com, or search the classifieds on here. Or put a want to buy post in the classifieds, someone on here might have what you're looking for.
creatorsin

Post by creatorsin »

Thanks I will do....
James

Post by James »

which tailight are you after?
Finished is better than perfect......
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

creatorsin wrote:Thanks I will do....
If you go to dime quarterly and get to the page where it's showing all the classifieds, go up to Edit on you explorer page and click find on this page, then type in what you're looking for, it's a lot easier than having to read through all of them.
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

spoolinitup33 wrote:
creatorsin wrote:Thanks I will do....
If you go to dime quarterly and get to the page where it's showing all the classifieds, go up to Edit on you explorer page and click find on this page, then type in what you're looking for, it's a lot easier than having to read through all of them.
Just a tip on the 'FIND' function. You can also access it by pressing 'ctrl' and 'F' at the same time.
1972 Yellow 4dr
creatorsin

Post by creatorsin »

OK I'm back and hoping that I can finish my Dime soon...plans is to start with the engine.
Can somebody tell me what I need to rebuild it please.
It's a stock engine 1.6 Datsun 1971 Manual.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

creatorsin wrote:Can somebody tell me what I need to rebuild it please.
It's a stock engine 1.6 Datsun 1971 Manual.
What does "rebuild" mean? In other words, what does the engine need/what problem did/does the engine have you're looking to fix?

A rebuild is typically performed to fix issues with oil burning, low compression, knocks, etc. I ask because, depending on what is wrong there are various methods to fix - not all of which involve tearing the whole thing apart.

First thing I would suggest is find a copy of the "How To Keep Your Datsun Alive" manual. This will be invaluable to you as you go through this process, far better than ANY other manual out there. Read the engine sections a few times to get an idea of the process. The parts are the easy bits, but you have to figure out what you need before ordering.

Might also give thought to finding an L20B and rebuilding that instead. Essentially the same cost as rebuilding the L16, but you get more power and torque.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
KoHeartsGPA

Post by KoHeartsGPA »

My suggestion is, research, research, research and research some more before you do anything, have a game plan BEFORE you start taking it apart, go to project builds on this site to read up and get ideas ;-)
Diego.