14" wheels and tires for a a 4 door

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
Nerius

14" wheels and tires for a a 4 door

Post by Nerius »

Hi all,

Honestly, I've been searching and searching but I can't seem to get some concrete facts about fitment. (And some set up pictures are from really old posts, so they don't work anymore)

I want to order Work Equips 03's 14" wheels.
However, I'm not sure of the width and tires to fit them. My setup will be as follows: 280 zx struts front, and stock rear (will be lowered by maddat springs and shocks).

My initial thought was 14x7 et0 front with 195x60 tires and the rear 14x7.5 et0 with 205x55 (or 205x60).
However, it seems that that would end up rubbing the fenders. I do like the beefy tire look and the deepish dish rims.
How should I go forward with this?
Werner
Even the pain is fun.
https://www.instagram.com/dutchydatsun510/
icehouse

Re: 14" wheels and tires for a a 4 door

Post by icehouse »

Here is my coupe. 14x7 -2 rear and 14x6.5 +10 front with zx struts and 165 60 14's. The wheel almost touches the coilover threads in the front maybe 2mm clearance, it doesn't rub when loaded luckily I run 5" springs so they stay above the tire. The rears I removed the inner lip and lots of camber in the rear, front is just rolled it has lots of clearance.

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Nerius

Post by Nerius »

Ah, so that's quite a narrow tire to make it fit. Good to know.
Werner
Even the pain is fun.
https://www.instagram.com/dutchydatsun510/
iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

Stock fenders, zero offset and 7 or more inches wide you are going to have a real tough time fitting in there. Most that run 7 or greater width on stock fenders have to go at least +20 offset.

In the front, the 280ZX brakes do bring the wheels in closer so strut clearance is a concern as mentioned in the coupe post above.