Offset camber plates - yes or no with Adj TC rods

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
cartel

Offset camber plates - yes or no with Adj TC rods

Post by cartel »

i will be doing Adj TC rods and wasnt sure if there would be any benefit for the Offset camber plates on top of that-

I dont really care if im cutting the top of the tower so thats not a concern- as all the original Tilton style plates required cutting - ( i like the look better anyway)

and almost certain i will get the JB rack setup once new motor is in..
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie
abisel

Re: Offset camber plates - yes or no with Adj TC rods

Post by abisel »

If I may.
Will the "camber" plates you mention give you anything else but camber adjustment? If not, then the adjustable TC rods will give you adjustable "caster".
But if the new camber plates you mention also give you adjustable caster, then the adjustable TC rods may not be needed.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

We recommend both with our rack setup. The bump is designed with 6.5 degress of caster.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

I’m rebuilding my camber plates to allow about 1” rearward movement of the top hats. The spotted mounting holes in my Ground Control camber plates don’t provide enough movement at all. And they make it a huge pain to remove and install since the bolts aren’t captive in the upper plate.
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
cartel

Post by cartel »

thats good as i told Don that i wanted offset before i posted this -- so now to finish the order with him and get all my stuff on the way-- SR arrived yesterday and its already apart- need to order pistons tomorrow and off to machine shop..
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie