Difference between 610 and 510 rear sub frame

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
zKars
Supporter

Difference between 610 and 510 rear sub frame

Post by zKars »

Hey gang, I have a chance to pick up a cheap rear sub-frame from a early 70's 610. I plan on welding on a set camber adjusters to this "spare" sub frame to keep the time my 69 510 would be down to a minimum. I'm fairly sure they are the "same" at least design wise, but is there something dimensionally or otherwise that anyone knows for sure that would make it an impossible piece to use?
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Difference between 610 and 510 rear sub frame

Post by datzenmike »

I think the 610 has very slightly wider spacing for the control arms.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

Thanks Mike. I'll have the seller do some careful measuring before I commit. I am removing the stock control arm mounting flanges and welding on the new, so that might not matter. Probably better to hunt down a 510 sub frame.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I know that the front control arms were slightly longer that the 510 ones. For rally guys, the 610 control arms were valued when cars sat at higher ride heights in order to keep some positive camber.

I know that the rear X members were interchangeable with the 510, only because a friend in high school did swap out his complete 610 rear x member and control arms with diff and half shafts and installed it inot his 510. But that's nearly hear say, as I was not involved, and just know it was done without issues.

That's about all I can assist you with Jim. maybe someone else out there can chime in.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.