Help needed, T3 Coilovers and camber plates

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
back2klassic

Help needed, T3 Coilovers and camber plates

Post by back2klassic »

Alright, I may be over thinking this, but I'm having trouble setting up these coilovers and camber plates from T3.

First this is what I have to work with - Image
280zx front struts and KYB 280zx shock absorbers, T3 camber plates, top hats and coilovers.
and i do have more nylon lock nuts but only one of (Nut A in the picture).

I'm trying to figure out where to run the spacers (C,D,E) I know i only need one for each side, and whatever one i use, is the one I use for both. but does this go above the camber plates, or below slid onto the strut (which if i use any of them I cannot fit nut A)

What keeps the shock absorbed from flailing back and forth inside the camber plates?
Space between shock and camber plate hole
The only thing i can think of, would be to use the nut A in the first picture but I only have one.

And last, shouldnt the coilover be attached to the top of the shock absorber
like this persons
Image,

and not sitting half way, like mine

Thank you guys, After owning the car for a year, the car is about to run for the first time since 1999.
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: Help needed, T3 Coilovers and camber plates

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I had the same issue. You will need to get the strut insert turned down by a machine shop so that the treaded part sits above the camber Plate enough to get the nut on.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
back2klassic

Post by back2klassic »

I was able to get the insert to work with the camber plate nut that came with the setup, but they only supplied me with one. Anyone know how to get another one? Ive tried contacting T3 but they wont respond.

Similar to this (in first picture)
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

back2klassic wrote:I was able to get the insert to work with the camber plate nut that came with the setup, but they only supplied me with one. Anyone know how to get another one? Ive tried contacting T3 but they wont respond.

Similar to this (in first picture)
Threaten to send everything back due to an incomplete kit that is rendering it useless, lack of communication and responce. Seems to always work for me when those times come a calling.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Just call them up and let them know you were short changed one nut and they'll send you over one. I had a similar issue with them and they were fast to fix it.
back2klassic

Post by back2klassic »

Forgot it was the weekend, and they've contacted me back now. Straitened everything out and they are sending the nut i need in the mail in the next couple of days.
That4doorKiD

Post by That4doorKiD »

I bought camber plates also for my zx struts and coilovers. Do I need top hats with radial bearings? I don't understand why we need them and I do not have T3 plates.

thanks,
-Jacob
68 4doorFanatic
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Stock 510 top hats have large bearings in them to ease steering. Needle bearing tops duplicate that for those with camber plates. In some camber plate configurations without the needle bearing tops, you're metal-on-metal when steering. That's not good.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson