1st project post :)

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
duke
Supporter

Re: 1st project post :)

Post by duke »

I've also done the same thing recently. I like that I have a good chronicle of what my car has been though in the past few years.

I remember seeing that plate welded into the foot well when you originally posted it. I don't know, I never like seeing things lapped over like that in places that are prone to rust.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Ballast? Maybe it was raced at some point? This is a common way to get UP to minimum weight.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

That would make sense as I feel this car must have a race history with all the really great go fast parts. :) Wish I knew more about it's history.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

My car made SOTW on cardomain :)
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

You tied down yet, or what? :lol:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

I am indeed :) We had a great time in Key West!!! The photographer did an incredible job but I think the pics are too large to upload here.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Hello all! It's been a while. The guy who bought my car has kept in touch and has taken it even further.

I have been diligently working on my BMW and it's now turbo with 6 piston wilwoods up front and I just put down 343 RWHP and 325 ft lbs of torque at 3300 RPM :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am starting to look for a second driver so looking for a 510 wagon, 521 pickup, 720 ST or hardbody.

Ash510

Post by Ash510 »

welcome back, that is a very nice locking BMW. how is it to drive? a little different than an old Datsun.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Thanks! It's a total blast. I have building this for the last 6 years so once I sold the 510, I really got into the fun stuff. Now that it's pretty much done, I am ready for a new project :) The BMW will be featured in Bimmer Magazine 3 issues from now.
edekalil

Post by edekalil »

That is one sweet looking 510.