My Coupe Project, back to the future.....

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

found this kinda laying around....something you don't see everyday....jk, my wife picked this up for me in Japan a few weeks back!!! ain't she sweet!!
Attachments
IMG_4369.JPG
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

Can you tell me where to find a woman that pics up car parts you need let alone something like a wiper motor! J/k, the build is looking great goichi cant wait to see more progress of it coming together.
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Does she have any sisters???? :wink:
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

man.....you gotta go to Japan to find those women!!! sorry no sisters!!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

here is tonight's progress, if i can call it progress.....seems like I spent most of the night mulling around the garage....lookin for this and that......I got to be the most unorganized guy in the world.....
Attachments
still need to notch out the lower stainless trim to fit the FMIC.....tomorrow!!
still need to notch out the lower stainless trim to fit the FMIC.....tomorrow!!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I spent last night polishing the stainless trim for the front, what a PITA.....I have a buffing wheel on my grinder, not sure what grade it is but it works ok....once I notch out the lower trim I can put the front back together for good.....I think. I think I will pick up a small table top blasting cabinet today for small parts for powder coat prep.....anyone have a cheap one??
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

another shot....
Attachments
IMG_4379.JPG
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

nice progress....
I feel your pain on polishing those parts. I used a buffing wheel and alot of rouge. Make sure it gets up to the right temp to melt and work effeciently.
Harbor freight(i think thats the name) has some pretty cheep small bead blaster tables. I have one, comes quite in handy for those small rusty parts.
datsun510

Post by datsun510 »

Richard,

Mario of TSR wanted me to let you know that your SR waterneck is at the polishers and he will send to you when he gets it back. Contact Mario if you have any questions.

Seth
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Thanks! I will give him a call....
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

time to get hot with the blasting.....I hope it works out......
Attachments
IMG_4380.JPG
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

ooooo nice blaster. How much that set you back? I got that same rogue.....good stuff. Theres one for stainless /high polish. By the end of the night you will be covered in red dust head to toe.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

$120 from Harbor Freight.....not bad. I will set it up in the morning, what media should I get? they had alumi ox, glass beads, and some other shit.....maybe I will get klean blast from Home Depot......???? Anyway, I need to get hot cleaning and powder coating parts....bumper brackets ect.....tomorrow!..i was gone all day today....
aappeexx

Post by aappeexx »

Hi Rich,I use Potters Quality Ballotini impact beads (glass oxide) in my free standing cabinet,your project looks awesome,been meaning to call you so I can take a road trip to see first hand the project,will wait for a sunny weekend day so I can bring my dime,still havnt got the body work done yet,the guy that was slated to do it backed out,the SSS steering wheel that I got from you made all the difference in the steering feel of my dime and looks good too,glad to see that you are back from deployment too!! Talk to you soon.Gary........................
Attachments
datsun 510 1-21-08 013.jpg
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

well, what a job putting the front grill back in, had to grind a little off both sides to fit it in front of the FMIC, even polised it all back up. took me forever.....well, now on to the bumper brackets......
Attachments
IMG_4385.JPG