Phils 510

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
RonM
Supporter

Re: Phils 510

Post by RonM »

I got the same scoop from Dave, and you think it looks good now, wait untill you put it on. :shock: So Sweet.
Attachments
grill.jpg
grill.jpg (99.75 KiB) Viewed 6052 times
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

510wizard wrote:Phil,
What makes the basecoat /clear different than the single stage color wise?
Don't know . My best guess is the way light goes through the clear .
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

RonM wrote:I got the same scoop from Dave, and you think it looks good now, wait untill you put it on. :shock: So Sweet.
Show off haha. He made a carbon/ kevlar would look great on you're car. Not to the point of bolting it up. I'm unsure if I'll like the look it gives the car
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Why build a car if not to show it off :mrgreen: I can see how you might be a little hesitant though. It makes a strong statement, and if it's not the look you're going for it could be a little over the top. Specially if your going for a more stock look. I have the sinking suspicion carbon fiber will be out dated sooner than I think. I gues that's why god made black paint. :lol:

Your car is looking absolutely amazing BTW. I've always been intimidated by that level of detail. I just don't have it in my.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
the dat-side

Post by the dat-side »

I don't know about the spook. I suppose if you don't like the CF you could always paint it a flat black or body color. Now one of the lips like the Hakos have :o
I think some old JDM wheels would look great on this.
Are you still going to hang around with us when you get back to the NW? :cry:
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

the dat-side wrote:I don't know about the spook. I suppose if you don't like the CF you could always paint it a flat black or body color. Now one of the lips like the Hakos have :o
Not sure what you mean "get back to the NW"? Normal World, Nut wagon, North West?? I'm hear, and I don't plan on going anywhere, so yes, I'm hanging. As for the wheels, the plan is a set of XXR 522. Very simple seven spoke, flat black rim. It's a Volk TE37 nock off for about 1/5 the price. I do plan on going to Canby next year, so hopefully I'll see you and your car there,

Ron M.
the dat-side

Post by the dat-side »

RonM wrote:
the dat-side wrote:I don't know about the spook. I suppose if you don't like the CF you could always paint it a flat black or body color. Now one of the lips like the Hakos have :o
Not sure what you mean "get back to the NW"? Normal World, Nut wagon, North West?? I'm hear, and I don't plan on going anywhere, so yes, I'm hanging. As for the wheels, the plan is a set of XXR 522. Very simple seven spoke, flat black rim. It's a Volk TE37 nock off for about 1/5 the price. I do plan on going to Canby next year, so hopefully I'll see you and your car there,

Ron M.
WTF? LOL! That post was intended for Phil. But Yeah, hopefully see ya there.
510kevin

Post by 510kevin »

hey phil, i finally came over from ratsun just to see your progress. lookin good man! hope to see you in a few weeks!!
dmonares

Post by dmonares »

Looks good phil
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

Been very busy finishing painting. Sealing the floor pans. Installing the headliner. Assembling it as a shell... Too much going on. Lol

Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Damn - those tail lights look good :wink:

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

Finished up the doors hood trunklid apron and gas door. Installed the quarter windows. Was glad the metal c pillar vents lined up ! I want to install that center garnish but have no clue how its bolted up??

philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

Byron510 wrote:Damn - those tail lights look good :wink:

Byron
Thanks again!!! I did use new lenses
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

MAN! There is a fantastic synergy going on between the chrome bits and the shade of blue you chose. F**king brilliant! I'm with Byron, those tail lights are flat out gob smacking, but it's the blue against the frame that sets it off. Now that I see the body color in sunlight, I'm in lust. I can see why you're questioning the CF bumpers. IMO chrome is the way to go. Hat's off 8)
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Man, Phil the color is fantastic, especially outside. "A+" job!!!