Datsun 510 SSS

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
miguel sss

Re: Datsun 510 SSS

Post by miguel sss »

banzai510(hainz) wrote:Get a Pertronix conversion!!!!!!!!for that single point distributor.

http://www.vintageperformance.com/retro ... nissan.htm
I already have a kit ... :D
miguel sss

Post by miguel sss »

More material:

two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

They look good in the car(or truck)too! :D
web-copy-magnecor-wires.jpg
web-copy-magnecor-wires.jpg (237.82 KiB) Viewed 7798 times
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Biggspeed
Supporter

Post by Biggspeed »

Congrats on your wedding.
And excellent work on your SSS.
Keep the updates coming :D
miguel sss

Post by miguel sss »

I was not to do the upgrade brakes, but as the deal was too good, I had to make .... I bought 4-piston calipers from volvo!

Here is a picture of the calipers on the arm just to try...

goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

NIce!! what model Volvo?? those look like they fit nice! is that 14 inch wheel?? looking nice!!
miguel sss

Post by miguel sss »

goichi1 wrote:NIce!! what model Volvo?? those look like they fit nice! is that 14 inch wheel?? looking nice!!
Thanks...is from volvo 244dl 1975 unvented disc, the wheel is 13inch fits very nice, must have a small modification...you buy this calipers on www.rockauto.com...
miguel sss

Post by miguel sss »

Here's the news ... I made a support for the body to be painted ...

Here the photos as developments:

The material

Make the cuts and adjustments

After welding, the material galvanized
Then it was just paint and assemble ...
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Beautiful!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

If we didn't live a half a world away, I would have just given you mine :D

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Alex_Z

Post by Alex_Z »

Miguel, you are an INSPIRATION! Fantastic.

i also got married in my 510!
Cheers and congratulations!
Alex
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

One thing I don't understand about this build... The other cars in the "featured" project builds are actually built. All you are doing is bolting on stock parts and spending a boat load of money. None of this work is "custom" to me. Take e510's build for example, why on earth is that not in the "featured section"? That is by far the cleanest 510 on this website if you ask me and you can tell that he put an absolute ton of work into that car.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

spoolinitup33 wrote:One thing I don't understand about this build... The other cars in the "featured" project builds are actually built. All you are doing is bolting on stock parts and spending a boat load of money. None of this work is "custom" to me. Take e510's build for example, why on earth is that not in the "featured section"? That is by far the cleanest 510 on this website if you ask me and you can tell that he put an absolute ton of work into that car.
Champion e510's build in e510's thread, and to the moderators who are the ones who move suggested threads from Projects to Featured due to suggestions by Forum members like you.

As to Miguel's build, in many ways his build is MORE intensive and MORE work. IMO Miguel's project deserves to be Featured because it is a poster child on how to restore a 510. There are very few restorations taking place - reason enough to Feature this thread - and all the more so because of the amount of work involved.

And "boat load of money"? Every 510 in Featured and most in Projects have a boat load of money thrown at them. Most are building up cars that cost many times what they'd ever get out of them if they sold them. That's never really been the point of a 510.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

"One thing I don't understand about this build... The other cars in the "featured" project builds are actually built. All you are doing is bolting on stock parts and spending a boat load of money. None of this work is "custom" to me. Take e510's build for example, why on earth is that not in the "featured section"? That is by far the cleanest 510 on this website if you ask me and you can tell that he put an absolute ton of work into that car."

I agree that e510's car is great and deserves to be a featured car. Moderator if you are listening, BUT
I don't understand the slightly condescending remarks regarding Miguel's work.
A different approach, but both a huge amount of work.
e510 is an accomplished machinist, and deserves to be recognized. And Miguel is an accomplished restoration technician and deserves the same.
The two things are not incompatible, so I don't understand where you are coming from.
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

James

Post by James »

Featured builds are not exclusive to custom only as far as I can see. Its still a build, and a damn good one.
Finished is better than perfect......