SR20DET wiring into 510

Crevier

SR20DET wiring into 510

Post by Crevier »

Hi,

just want to know if there's a diagram for the wiring of a sr20det S13 in a 510???

I've seach on the board but didn't find...

hope someone can help me out!
SMITHENGINEERED

Post by SMITHENGINEERED »

I am in the same boat as you. I have removed all of the stock wiring and will be using a ez wiring kit for all lights, horn, fuel pump and wipers. I was told by (icehouse) on here that the wiring is simple about 8 wires to hook up with relays and fuses. I will be starting on mine soon just need to find out what wires go where. Wire info can be found here on what goes where

heavythrottle.com
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Yes there is about 8 wires on the sr harness that are needed to make it run. I kept the 510 wiring stock and relayed a the sr20, ecu, fuel pump and ignitor off the coil wire. This keeps everything separate. So one day when for some reason you want to put a L motor back in it will be possible. I personally would not rewire the whole car, this would be time consuming and have no real point. The major flaws in the 510 wiring are not hard to fix. I personally think the only upgrades that are needed are a 90amp alternator and some good hella head lamps. Hainz has sourced out some add on plug and play relays for H4 conversions. The SR CA KA VG all have good sized alternators, so when you are done with your swap the car is good to go. The SR wires can be found on heavythrottle.com under SR swap info, they give the colors and a description of what the wire does. I've wired 5 or 6 s13 engines using there write-up with the factor service manual for the s13 as a cross reference. Soon I should be doing a write-up to help out the datto community, until then you will have to fend for yourself :D
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
SMITHENGINEERED

icehouse wrote:Yes there is about 8 wires on the sr harness that are needed to make it run. I kept the 510 wiring stock and relayed a the sr20, ecu, fuel pump and ignitor off the coil wire. This keeps everything separate. So one day when for some reason you want to put a L motor back in it will be possible. I personally would not rewire the whole car, this would be time consuming and have no real point. The major flaws in the 510 wiring are not hard to fix. I personally think the only upgrades that are needed are a 90amp alternator and some good hella head lamps. Hainz has sourced out some add on plug and play relays for H4 conversions. The SR CA KA VG all have good sized alternators, so when you are done with your swap the car is good to go. The SR wires can be found on heavythrottle.com under SR swap info, they give the colors and a description of what the wire does. I've wired 5 or 6 s13 engines using there write-up with the factor service manual for the s13 as a cross reference. Soon I should be doing a write-up to help out the datto community, until then you will have to fend for yourself :D

You want to make a little extra money and wire mine up for me with relays and fuses?? :D
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Do you live in seattle? :D
SMITHENGINEERED

icehouse wrote:Do you live in seattle? :D
Louisville, KY actually, but can I send my harness out to you?
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

thanks for the info and fast answer!

and for the alternator how should i wire it?

thanks again!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

This is what I do for the alternator, Take the oval plug with the 2 wires (one fat one skinny) take the thinner wire and hook it to the dash charge light ( you will need to jumper it at the voltage regulator, see factory manual for colors) Now take the thicker wire and loop it to the power stud, the post for the positive lead. Now run a wire from that to the bat. or if its in the trunk to the starter cable.
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

Alternator

* Charge - (white on S13, blk/red on S14) This is the big lug on the alternator. Connect to Batt +VE (preferably via a large fuse - 80A)
* 12V Sense - (white on S13, yellow on S14) Smaller gauge wire. Connect to Batt +VE too. (preferably via a 10A fuse). This wire is used by the alternator to remotely sense battery voltage. Leaving it unconnected will cause the alternator to run "open loop" and charge at the maximum voltage. Not good for your battery!
* Alternator GND - (blk) With lug on each end. Connect from alternator body to chassis.
* Charge light - (w/red) Connect to charge light on dash. You should be able to use the original wire from your car

"yourrrr welcomeeee"
SMITHENGINEERED

Wow that looks alot easier than expected! Thanks for the diagram Stew

David
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

Nice!

fast and clear answer!

thanks a lot!

hope it will help other people!
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Some more SR wiring discussion here...

http://www.the510realm.com/PNphpBB2-vie ... -6527.html
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

Ok, I've done a little diagram with your help and some of my SR20 wiring diagram I got in my computer

So is it OK or I'm missing something?

I know it have a Coil relay somewhere but I don't know how to plug it

anyone of you can complete my diagram?

thanks!

mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^ i am not totally sure. Instead of making your own relays and fuses...just take the fuse box/relay pack(three relays I believe BROWN, BLUE AND BLUE) that comes with the SR20 harness and use that. Has the relays and fuses for pump, coils, ecu etc. already to go just splice them in. my.02
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

I don't have the body harness... this is why I want to do it myself

anyone can tell me if my diagram is complete? or missing something?