drive anyone?

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: drive anyone?

Post by bertvorgon »

It is 1.04.9 here in White Rock, last time I filled up a week or so ago it was 1.12.9.

This will stay like this for awhile, easily into the summer I think. Did you see the price of Alberta oil, it was down to 4 bucks a barrel, I think their cost is upwards of 50-70 bucks a barrel.

I'm actually really looking forward to driving, not much traffic on the road that I have seen, in what little I have been out.

Weird to see all the cars on my street still parked on a week day.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

We just drove down to Costco. Gas was 83.9. It will probably be more tomorrow. I think they change their prices at the end of the day. I can’t wait to drive the 510 again too! Hopefully the price of gas stays low through the summer.
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

yup, they are in the 50's. a fiend i game with is in edmonton and thats what he was seeing.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i should check the 94 octaine, it maybe under a buck now to.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I heard a radio segment yesterday where an economist pointed out that with this slump in value, that 50gal "barrels" are currently worth more than oil any oil you could put into them.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I caught a snippet of that also.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin will refuse to submit to what the Kremlin sees as oil blackmail from Saudi Arabia, signaling the price war that’s roiling global energy markets will continue."

Would it not be funny if there was so little traffic, that we did not have to leave so early!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

I need to so some work on the wagon to get it to run right again.. but I would be interested.
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

man, driven too and from abby every day with no traffic is awesome, and man i think the truckers have a grand old time too. in the fast lane pass'n all the slower trucks .. good times eh.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I’m up for a drive. I can’t see why this would t work. As Kieth noted, there’s still snow on the mountains, and still salt and rocks to get washed off the roads. It when it’s time, I’d do the canyon, Duffy or the Princeton hwy....
Drive throughs are open for getting lunch. And we congregate in large parking lots I guess.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Does anyone have Dave Doan's email address? I would love to send him that ad I found.

PM me if you do.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Would the HUGE parking lot at Langley Cineplex be a good spot to meet? The theaters are closed and we would have our pick of where. An idea at any rate.

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

If I get on the first ferry I am rolling again about 7:05. It would be great if I could make it without having to stay in town. I'm about a week from having my car ready to go. Almost everything is buttoned back up.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I actually looked at the calendar and I see 510 day is on a Sunday!

We could meet at mid day, no reason not to with no barbecue, etc..

Keith Law
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

sounds good to me.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

My son pointed out to me, in this bizarre situation that we are in, that someone MIGHT call the police,depending on how many of us show up, and our "social distancing". We are seeing more of that. We maybe need to think of a spot that is out of the public eye or more hidden away a bit. I dunno!

White Rock is crazy today, security Guards patrolling EVERYWHERE, telling people to buzz off, as the whole promenade is blocked.

I have NEVER...seen no one at the beach like I did this afternoon, at full low tide....CRAZY. Finally the First Nations lot is now closed, so ZERO parking.

Now we have heard the RCMP will enforce quarantining, and the Parks People will fine anyone violating the closures.

Will be interesting to see what washes out after this so called long weekend.

Keith Law