Japanese car show at Pacific Raceways

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
carterb

Japanese car show at Pacific Raceways

Post by carterb »

Eric Schlichte mailto:eric.schlichte@comcast.net reached out to me looking for help putting on a Datsun or “Japanese Car Weekend” to support one of two SOVREN vintage car races at Pacific Raceways.

This sounds like an awesome opportunity to build a really cool event in the NW.

If you or your club would like to get in on the ground floor, or know someone (or another club) that would, please get in touch with Eric.

Here is what he had to say:

Thanks for getting back with this. We have two open dates on our calendar for next season. Spring Sprints is April 24-26 and Fall Finale is September 26-27.

What I would like is to make is an annual Datsun or “Japanese car” weekend. You’re club would run and promote a car show at the track. Our club rents the track, so for now the venue cost is put in by us. (The bean counters will fight about this later)

We take about 3/4 of the paddock at these two smaller races so initially we can fit about 200 plus of your cars. The track is making improvements and paving more space in the coming years.

Please look at the CRC/ “all British field meet” in Portland

abfm-pdx.com to get an idea of what can be done. It’s a successful SOVREN event. They have a rally, swap meet, Land Rover test drives, Jaguar test drives, music, guests, autocross, etc. we’re flexible on a lot of that. We could add a combined track day the Friday before to let your club members try lapping. In the future maybe even national convention?

We’ve changed the requirements to let in newer cars so the field is getting more Japanese cars, especially Datsun, they seem to be the in car right now.

Thanks again for your time, lots more to talk about if you’re interested.

Eric

PNWH vintage racing charities

I hope someone picks this up and runs with it.

I know I can’t personally give it the time it would need otherwise I’d already be working with Eric.

--carter
Colbino

Re: Japanese car show at Pacific Raceways

Post by Colbino »

This would be amazing! I forwarded it onto the NWDE group. They're a good group and may have the time to assist.

C.
carterb

Re: Japanese car show at Pacific Raceways

Post by carterb »

Thanks!
Hopefully someone jumps on this opportunity.