'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Chickenman

Re: All Japanese Classic Aug.25/19 Waterfront Park

Post by Chickenman »

Want to go to this event. But I do not want to use the Checkout feature as it doesn't use PayPal. Can we pay at gate?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Paying at the gate works Richard, love to see you there.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Thanks Byron...
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Last date of pre-registration on Sunday (tomorrow) online.
Due to the electronic voting system, We do need pre entry completed prior to the show, hence the preregistration. Due to the number of classes and trophies, while keeping the show a people choice vote, it’s the only way it can be managed with the very small team of volunteers that run the show.
Of course anyone can come and enter on the day, we just can not change the voting roster once the show has started. At this point we have 175 entrants. Everyone will again be getting a free T shirt with entry to the show, it promises to be another great year.
However it would be great to see more of the 510’s and Z’s, as I go down the pre reg list, there are a number of familiar names not there. Feel free to drop me some feedback, and do let me know by Sunday if your coming and plan to pay at the gate. I’ll get your car pre registered.

Looking forward to another great event. Last night Richard and I were working on the trophies. As always, Richard seems to pull great designs in steel out of that very artistic mind of his. This year again won’t disappoint with his latest effort. I’m just labour on this task. But no photos, you’ll have to attend to see them.

We’re just over a week away, hope to see you at Waterfront Park in North Vancouver next Sunday.

Byron
caesarDX

Post by caesarDX »

Byron,

Damn, going to miss it again.
Have fun guys. Hope the weather is in your
favor. Maybe attend Octoberfast 2019 if the timing is
right.

Caesardx
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 BMW E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
2001 Renault Clio V6 Sport Phase 1
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

man... ijust got back from dropping butters off as slimer's in my shop, as we race towards the AJC . put off reg , as I dont know what I will bring. saw it was the last day of registration. followed the links ............ and its out of stock. ... guess I need to get to the gates early or it will be nla
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I'm thrashing like mad on my 280Z. Valvetrain was getting a bit noisy. Went to adjust valves and found that all the Rocker arms had fatigue failure with metal pitting and flaking. Cam was just starting to go. About a .001" to .002" visible wear around all lobes.

Have suspicion it was Operator error on fresh start of motor. After a long down period ( 10 months ) to do some major upgrades to engine and car.

Edit: Actually Operator error was not on start-up. all the correct steps were taken. I accidentally flooded the engine with fuel a week later when I loaded the incorrect Tune. Got some very minor fuel dilution. Oil ( New Driven HR6 10w-40 ) should have been able to cope with that. But it didn't. My silly mistake. Fuel evaporated in a day.. But I foolishly ran the engine on it for a few days
Last edited by Chickenman on 18 Aug 2019 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I have made it a RULE.....if my car sits for more than one(1) month, I pop the valve cover off and drizzle some oil over the cam/rockers and on the top of the valves and even a bit on the timing chain. It is amazing how "dry" that cam can look after even that time period.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Oh , I applied fresh Cam break in Lube. And primed the oiling system with a drill and priming shaft for a good five minutes, AFTER I saw oil pressure on the gauge. This should not have happened.

Obviously the oil could not handle a bit of Fuel dilution... that occurred when I loaded the wrong tune. I should have dumped the oil right there and then. But it was fresh and 6 liters at $14 a liter. And supposedly a very good Full MPAO Ester oil. It should have handled that small amount of fuel dilution. But I guess it didn't.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

RMS wrote: 17 Aug 2019 22:57 man... ijust got back from dropping butters off as slimer's in my shop, as we race towards the AJC . put off reg , as I dont know what I will bring. saw it was the last day of registration. followed the links ............ and its out of stock. ... guess I need to get to the gates early or it will be nla
Sorry, I’ve added more stock. Didn’t actually think we’d pre-reg 200+ entries this year.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

RMS wrote: 17 Aug 2019 22:57 man... ijust got back from dropping butters off as slimer's in my shop, as we race towards the AJC . put off reg , as I dont know what I will bring. saw it was the last day of registration. followed the links ............ and its out of stock. ... guess I need to get to the gates early or it will be nla
Robin - this was an unforeseen technical glitch last night - it’s been corrected. We had over 20 entries yesterday - popping us over the 200 mark. Anyways - gates are open, please do register online here;

http://www.alljapaneseclassic.com/store

No FB - just straight registration.

Byron
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

Also, there is the volunteer sign-up. Free shirt and entry.

https://signup.com/go/TgcRQFt
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

busy day ? not enough inventory in stock :(
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
cartel

Post by cartel »

well i had planned on going to it this year but found out yesterday the mustang show is same day-- with the weather forecast not the best im opting for that as its literally one block from my house-- might even have the second 510 done by next year .
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie