FORT CASEY REDUX 2019

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

FORT CASEY REDUX 2019

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

Time to plan our first drive of the season. I am thinking the weekend of June 8/9th. That weekend has nothing going on for the most part, so Border traffic in the afternoon should not be too bad, cross back at Aldergrove again. It is also free parking day at the park. Bring some U.S. dollars though just in case.

Our route would be the same as 2017, CHUCKANUT Drive out to the highway, down to Oak Harbour, breakfast at FRANK'S, then down to the Fort. Hike about, then retrace steps, except we would head over to Sedro Woolley and back up Highway 9/99 to #546 and up to the Aldergrove Crossing.

Weather of course will be key. This is the only weekend that works for me in June, hope it works for some of you. If not, we will plan for beginning of July.

It will be an early start of course, just to miss both the Border and get a clear run at Chuckanut. The last time we did this run was 2017, so you can look back if you want to see some of the highlights, if you have not done this run.

Meet time will be posted up as we get closer, but, last time we crossed the Border at 5:30 AM, meeting at Campbell Valley store at 5:00. Just an FYI, I can make this trip on a tank of fuel, please start out with a full tank so we do not have to stop on the way there.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: FORT CASEY REDUX 2019

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I will check on the date but I will be doing my best to make it. I'm not sure if I can make it on a tank of fuel though.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

you just have to sit a bit closer to Bert's rear bumper. let that big specialty air dam do the work :wink:
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i'm in, may have the slowest car but i'm good with that. :P
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I remember you fueled up in Oak Harbour on the way back.. Dean did also. What I cannot believe is that it is 2 years since we did that run! We went to Bromley Rock last year!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Tuning my 280Z to run at 16.0 AFR cruise with the Haltech... :mrgreen:
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I also tossed out invites to Paul, Cam T. and Jamie M.. Cam can't make it.

Have not seen Dean on here yet.

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I have booked a place to stay Friday night. I'm ready to go.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

We should hit the coffee and cars on 192nd and 24th Friday night.

I just have to top up my fuel, grab some octane boost just in case and throw a few clothes together.

DO NOT FOR GET PASSPORT and maybe some U.S. Cash for breakfast and hopefully parking is free.

Anybody know how to get in touch with Alveen?

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

bertvorgon wrote: 01 Jun 2019 18:31 We should hit the coffee and cars on 192nd and 24th Friday night.
Right by my work, be neat to walk through if the weather is good, what time you might get there?
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I'm into that. I will see what ferry I can get on.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I will think 5:30 - 6 would be good, weather looks to be ok. Hang around till 8, re-fuel car for Saturday morning.

YES..lets shoot for Saturday for our run, Paul might be able to make Saturday. be AT Campbell Valley store for 5 and hit border at 25 after 5.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

So I fire up the news tonight...and even with a bazillion dollars in weather equipment and satellites for prediction, which a day ago said good weather for 14 days..HA...it is now predicted to rain on Friday..

I will make the call Thursday, depending on what I see looking out my window.....we will see.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I'm going to pass on this weeks Cars & Coffee, A) supposed to rain on Friday B) Just want to be able to wind down friday night without the BS of taking the car back and disturbing the neighbour's.

Saturday still looks to be good, we will see. Need the road to be dry for the Chuckanut Drive to be any fun. I can almost see that area from my window so might have a sense if any rain on Friday.

I am going to hit the cars and coffee on one of these nights, Maybe June 14th. I'm helping the Specialty Gang on the 15th at Mission, as Andy is potentially going to run the Camaro.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I know we've discussed this before. But have you guys actually considered getting tires that actually work for our climate and local. It's all very good having the latest gumball tires. But you'd get a lot more driving time and cruises in if you chose tires that could handle at least a bit of rain. Your quest for ultimate stick in the dry could be a fallacy in reality. There are tires out there that will provide you with 90% of your dry grip now... but a huge increase in Wet grip. And going sideways in corners ( in the dry ) can be a whole lot of fun. I chose my Continental Extreme Contacts for just that reason. Plenty of grip in the dry, and great wet weather traction. Toyo R888's and R888R's seem to be very popular at Mission in the wet. And that track is like greased ice in the wet. Just a thought....