Fort Casey Drive 2016

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Fort Casey Drive 2016

Post by bertvorgon »

I think I give up on trying to co-ordinate a drive these days, just seems everyone is busy with stuff. And then it could be snowing by next weekend.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

We really need to just sit down in October and schedule the next year. Get them on the Callender first so if someone asks if you want to do something you can just say you already have something planned.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Sounds to me like this needs a Doodle!

Keith et al., look at the following link and have a look at the idea. If a few people sign up for the Doodle, the format quickly reveals its convenience.

http://doodle.com/poll/ncteiky9hzn3dakx
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I want to go! Do you have a map of the "freedom" side of the trip? I'd like to meet up!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

icehouse wrote:I want to go! Do you have a map of the "freedom" side of the trip? I'd like to meet up!
You better stay home there, Big Papa - if you know whats best for ya! :wink: :mrgreen:

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

McShagger510 wrote:
icehouse wrote:I want to go! Do you have a map of the "freedom" side of the trip? I'd like to meet up!
You better stay home there, Big Papa - if you know whats best for ya! :wink: :mrgreen:

James

In-laws are showing up over the weekend! I need an out!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I am still in if we can get a few together. Keith? Dean? Bueller? Anyone else?
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This is what I'M doing on this Sunday.

I am going into my work fairly early and wash my 510. Then I am going to hit the key and work my way out the valley, doing the back roads from Fort Langley to the Mission Bridge, cross over and the head out the Lougheed highway to the DEROCHE GENERAL STORE.

There I am buying a pound ( 453 Gms for you metric guys ) of home made beef jerky. This will be part of our supplies for our wilderness hike the first week of August, as we disappear into the mountains for a week. We will be traversing a 7 to 8,000 foot mountain and ridge line that goes for 10 Km. The jerky is supposed to be the best in the whole Fraser valley, who knows but it is a good excuse for a drive with a destination in mind. I will then likely re-trace my steps back to Richmond one way or another.

Weather is supposed to be awesome!

Any are welcome, we will try for a Fort Casey drive later in the summer or fall.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

That sounds like a fun drive Keith. If I can get on the first ferry and still have it work with your timing I would be in. I can always use some more jerry. I would be getting off the ferry at 7:10 so if that worksounds with your timing let me know and I will tag along.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Ok.. now that is do-able for me. When and where can you meet?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I am leaving the plant at 6:30, working my way out as I said through the Fraser valley, I'm in no rush other than plan to be there when the door opens at 9:00. That way I get light, back road traffic and a quiet store relatively speaking.

I think for my route back I will cross back over the Fraser on the Aggasiz bridge and then do the jiggy jog farm roads, south of the #1, on the way back to #99, and back to the plant.

I would do the OLD YALE ROAD to Vedder Road, then along Vedder Mountain road or something like that. I want to be heading back well before noon as to miss the traffic around Chilliwack and #1.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

So would the Tim Hortons in Mission work? The one where we met for the Car meet in 2015? Around 7:30?

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/locatio ... cal_Search
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Actually, 7:30 won't give Norm enough time to make it. Why don't you guys work it out and LMK.

As long as I don't have to get up at the hour of WTF... and can take a nap every 2 hours, I'm good :D
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I'm going to see if may just come in the night before and have dinner with a few friends. If I do I could just meet you at the plant Keith if that works for you. That way you could also keep your 6:30 departure time.
gooned

Post by gooned »

You'll likely drive right through the twisties at our place on 264, if I can't go Sunday ( I might make this) you guys need to sound good going by!