Sunday drive?

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Sunday drive?

Post by bertvorgon »

Any interest in a Sunday drive, maybe up to Manning Park, have brunch/lunch at the Lodge, walk around the Lake, then back? Weather is still supposed to be nice.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Re: Sunday drive?

Post by gooned »

I'm digging my front yard up, so not this time for us. Have fun!
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

:mrgreen: Hells Yeeeah! :mrgreen:

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks for coming out James, that was a good ride. I just finished washing the crap off my bike..Damn dog owners.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

bertvorgon wrote:Thanks for coming out James, that was a good ride. I just finished washing the crap off my bike..Damn dog owners.
You RODE to Manning :shock:

Was a great day to be on the right side of the grass :D
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No, with only the two of us we figured that would not have been too much fun in the 510's.

We drove over to the Watershed, met James, then rode for 1.5 hours and did 12 Km in the Park. Really nice ride, trails in great shape.

Then I spent the afternoon working on the Boler, starting make a sink insert to give me for counter space. I'm going to Manning camping one more time in October, before I put the trailer away.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Besides James, anybody last minute want to do a drive to Manning, walk the lake, lunch in the lodge, drive home?

I'm ambivalent at this point, just got back from a 4 hours test session with the GT3 cars!! will post pictures.

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote:Besides James, anybody last minute want to do a drive to Manning, walk the lake, lunch in the lodge, drive home?

I'm ambivalent at this point, just got back from a 4 hours test session with the GT3 cars!! will post pictures.
Just reading this now, I'd be in but you'd need to contact me by phone in the am...

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Ok, it looks like we get the Tracker back tomorrow.

If all is well, Matt and I are going to Ashlu to see if we can find the mine camp on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4th. Have an adventure, build a fire and cook some smokies.

More info after Tracker test.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning Gang!

As it looks like we are in the middle of the next pacific storm to come in, if it is nice in the morning on Sunday, I'm going to drive the Sea to Sky and have lunch at Boston Pizza in Whistler. I see no reason to leave early, as we are past the tourist season and it just a cruise anyhow.. I'm thinking of leaving the plant at 10:00, that way I can look at the weather and the highway cameras, to see if it really is dry. Fall colours in Whistler should be nice, get some nice fall pictures with the car(s).

This will hopefully be the last hurrah for the summer driving season, a mini OCTOBERFAST if you will. My insurance expires next week, and I still want to get a camping trip in.

The loss of the Tracker really threw a wrench into things, which we finally wound up this week, both with ICBC and getting another Tracker.

The mine camp explore is back, as we now have a capable vehicle, so that trip will get planned soon also.

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Wish I could join you, sounds like a good plan, but I'm on a plane in a few hours as there has been a break down at a power plant in Whitecourt (NW of Edmonton ) which I'm attending. Be back for next weekend.
I also now have a vehicle which I could join you for a little back county tour, I'd look forward to that.
Have fun, see you soon.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

So far the day is not clearing very well, all the cameras up the Sea to Sky show wet roads.

We will see.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Battle plan for the morning:

Get up not too early, have some Seattle Stumptown "Hair Bender" coffee, look out window...

1) If raining....decision made.

2) if not raining, and cams look ok, head into plant.

3) Check cameras again...then... if dry on mainland, go on some sort of cruise around the lower mainland, route, whatever, to be determined. If Sea to Sky dry AND the sky looks OK, then maybe head up to Whistler for lunch...or...just depends on what we see.

4) my departure time from plant would be 10:00, no need to do stupid early.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Looks dry in the lower mainland so far, hard to tell in some spots.

Road still looks wet around Whistler though, so we will see about that part of a drive.

Turned out nice in Whiterock yesterday afternoon, cannot believe how warm it was, 20 on my porch.

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

Up here right now, wet from overnight rain but sky looks promising. I'll keep an eye open for you guys when I'm heading home.