Bay Area Weekend Meet

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
RonM
Supporter

Bay Area Weekend Meet

Post by RonM »

Starting a Sunday afternoon Bay Area Datsun gathering.

Here’s the thinking on this one. there are Tuesday night meets in Union City, but I know week nights aren’t realistic for many of us, so this meet will be held early afternoon on second Sunday of every month. Late enough to sleep off the effects of Saturday night, and early enough to make plans afterwards. To start, It will be a Datsun only event (510Realm, Ratsun, NWD people), but maybe we could open it up to all classic Japanese cars and motorcycles.

The location is central East Bay at the San Leandro Marina parking lot. The spot is super easy to get to, just one turn off 880. The exit is 12 miles East of the Bay Bridge and 12 miles West of Fremont. It’s also right next to the 238 connection to 580 at Castro Valley, and the 92 connect to the San Mateo Bridge. The lot has a 180 degree view of the bay, great place for sunset pictures with Japanese pines right on the water, shit load of space, and it’s a public park, so there’s no permission needed. If you’ve ever been to one of the Classic Japanese Car events then you know this spot. The park also has BBQ pits if that ever comes up.

Here’s directions;
880 traveling West, or East to San Leandro, get off at the Marina West Exit and take Marina to the end. As you enter the Marina park take the first right into the lot. We’ll meet at the far right corner.

First meet will be May 18th at 3:00pm. Please pass the word.

I'll bump this as the meet date come close.

Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
RonM
Supporter

Re: Bay Area Weekend Meet

Post by RonM »

Correction on the date everyone! The 11th is Mother's Day, so we're shifting it to May 18th.

Please Pass this on.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Good thinkin' maestro!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I made that very mistake once organizing a car show...

"Hey look there’s still a weekend Sunday available in May!" says I sometime in March when booking a weekend date for a car show.

Ooo boy did the wives chew my ass for that stunning piece of organization for years to come...I still hear about it once in a while and that was nearly 20 years ago!

As Joel said - good call!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.