Cars On Ice Ice-X

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
///FiveOneOh

Cars On Ice Ice-X

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

https://www.facebook.com/events/591080474272907/

IceX is back for its second year, and this time we have our own dedicated track and TWO WEEKENDS! Put your driving skills to the test on technical track plowed out on a frozen lake. Challenge your friends to beat your time.

Event Weekend #1 - Jan 18/19

Event Weekend #2 - Feb 15/16

-What is IceX?

Think solo1 on a frozen lake. When your front tires cross the start line the timer begins to count. The faster you make it around the track and to the finish the better your time. Fastest time wins. Seems simple enough? Oh ya…. Remember that “frozen lake” bit? Unlike normal AutoX the fastest way around this track is sideways. So tune up those drifting skills, you are gonna need them.

-A lake? Is the ice safe?

The ice is checked by qualified members of the Western Canadian Ice Racing Association prior to any event. Only once the ice is deemed a safe thickness will the race season begin.

-Can I use my street car?

Yes, as long as your car passes a standard CACC tech inspection, is equipped with a set of street legal snow tires, and doesn’t pose a risk of roll over. (Sorry… your lifted 95 Ford explorer isn’t going to work). Cars leaking fluids will be asked to leave the ice. Remember we are racing on a lake.

-What will I need to bring?
You will need
• Vehicle fitted with street legal snow tires
• Tarp to put under your car while in the pit
• SNELL rated helmet
• A good attitude

-What about accommodation?

Discounted rates are available to racers at the Ashcroft River Inn, only a 5 minute drive from the track. Don’t want to stay in Ashcroft? Cache Creek has many motels but will add about 15 minutes to your drive in. Sorry, no discounts in Cache Creek.

-Ok this sounds fun. How do I sign up?

Pre-reg via the web site (http://www.carsonice.ca) or mail, or sign up at the Ashcroft River Inn the Friday before the event. Registration will also be open for a short window on Saturday morning at the track. However please remember spots are limited and will fill on a first come first serve basis.

-I still have more questions!
Feel free to ask
@ https://www.facebook.com/events/591080474272907/
///FiveOneOh

Re: Cars On Ice Ice-X

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

Web site has been updated to answer any questions you may have.

Still have lots of spots open for the second event!

Jan date postponed to Feb 1/2 only 4 spots left open.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

Due to demand I have added one more event to the Ice-X series. March 1 / 2 will be host to Ice-X 3 in Ashcroft BC. Only a 20 Drivers cap for this event entry is only $60 until Feb 24, past this date entry will increase to $70 per driver.

Check out the fully redone website at www.carsonice.ca

(and for those who are worried about RWD? I raced an FRS last week with no studs and placed mid pack against a whack of Imprezas)
check out the Vid from event 1.

http://youtu.be/5TMI0LmPiWg
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

So Cam, where is there a rule book for the Ice X, or more specifically - are you alowd to run studs?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

I just spent a week redoing the web page, all the info is there :)

www.carsonice.ca

Street legal studs are allow yes. Rules are pretty basic.. I think there's a total of 7 rules for the whole event?
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

Events like this make me want to move up north. I've always wanted to do some proper ice driving. Looks like way to much fun.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Thanks Cam for posting the link.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.