Gold Mine Tour November 3, 2013...book now!

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
McShagger510

Re: Gold Mine Tour November 3, 2013...book now!

Post by McShagger510 »

Awesome weather, super fun trip with a great bunch of friends! Mining tour with a 4X4 adventure - ALL IN ONE DAY. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks Keith!! :mrgreen:

James

The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That is perfect Byron..I should phone the Ministry and tell them they were on the right creek...

The best entry would be as you suggest, somewhere around Point A, depending on how heavy the bush is. The scale would have us travel between 200 - 300 meters, depending on elevation change. We could not get lost in there, as we would hit either the creek, the river, or the road. We could take a compass bearing to at least give us as straight a line as possible.

Ha..I just fired up my Garmin, and it looks to have 4 options as to how to plug in the goto co-ordinates, I just need to figure out which one we need. Maybe someone can explain or show me what the types are. I am able to carry a small 12volt battery, so we can plug the gps into that, with no worries of the internal battery not lasting.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

We did find treasure also.....
Attachments
Spanish treasure chest
Spanish treasure chest
IMGP7264 (Large).JPG (357.28 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Hi Keith, I've got pictures on my computer at home and I'll be posting them tonight I hope! Juliette loved the treasure chest you "helped" her find! Thanks for the great trip! Joanne loved it too!
Jason
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Finally have my computer back up and connected and some pictures uploaded. Here's some pictures of the trip.

The end of the 4x4 road and the old mine camp, vandalized of course, but, what a setting, just below the early fall snow line.

The girls ready to explore.

The modern (circa 1980's) mine shaft

In the upper mine.

http://i.imgur.com/pog7Uz9h.jpg

Explosives storage at the mine.

Upper shaft mine mouth.

The old (circa 1920's) mine shaft entrance.

The waterfall at the old air shaft.

Copper and calcium deposits in the mine.

A big thanks to Uncle Keith for telling Juliette and Joanne about the "Spanish Treasure" in the mines and helping them "find" the treasure chest!

Thanks Keith for sharing that experience and leading us to more adventures! The girls and I had a great time and as soon as I repair the Honda we are ready for a new adventure! Oh and a last thank you for Matt for pointing me at imagur for photo sharing as the 510 photopost has been causing me fits for a year now!
Jason
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

took some friends and their jeeps up to the mines today. there was no real snow to speak of there was however a lot of ice. it was like driving on a glacier. 6inches of rust was leading the pack till i tore a cam off one of my chains. stopped on the last hill of ice a hundred feet from the top a carabiner was offered up. with the cleated snow chains mended i road the clutch looking for traction. after twenty feet of slip and grip the other cam tore leaving me with one smoking tire spinning on ice. clutch in, reverse lights on the convoy slowly slid backwards down the hill. at the first turnout we parked the datsun and continued to camp. jeeps locked we started hiking. then I led the troop to the out portal and was all turned around. we poked around for a bit then back tracked to the main road. we took the next right ...yes like mandy said it was and once at the starting point it all came back. ImageImageImage upon returning a very low tire was evident on the rear 20k was all I could get before being forced to pull over and add air. I pulled into big box tire to get it fixed and ended up getting it comped 8) life's good in a datsun
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!