2013 JCCS

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
danfiveten

Re: 2013 JCCS

Post by danfiveten »

Everyone you talk to says differnt things, some say 510 guys ruined it, some say roadsters, some say the auto cross, problem is play the blame game causes issues.

To me if we can start making shasta big again, then FUCK YAH!. Also the MAIN reason shasta stopped that most dont realize is the loss of the venue, the ski lodge's new owner raised the prices WAY to high, to teh point where the group could no longer afford the place. I went to shasta every year since the first year arthur went which i think was 91. IF we have a chance of re starting the show, then im all for it. Also from what i understand is it will now be in downtown, all parked on the main drive, the mayor of the town is willing to shut a entire city street down for the show for 3-5 hours it sounds like. Which to me sounds pretty cool
Vehicles
Art Hughes 1972 Preserved 510
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
2006 AltimaSE-R and 2012 Maxima
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

Alot of people also forget the roadster guys were meeting at shasta first, and have STILL been meeting at shasta, but are finally willing to let other cars in the 68-73 age range join intot he show, instead of being exclusive like they have been for a long time. Thing is the past is the past, if we have teh chance of re-booting a great show, shasta 2.0, then why not give it a chance, and try to get another big show going on again :)
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

danfiveten wrote:Everyone you talk to says differnt things, some say 510 guys ruined it, some say roadsters, some say the auto cross, problem is play the blame game causes issues.
Didn't ascribe blame solely to the Roadsters, but they did take their ball and go home. Other models couldn't participate in their version of Shasta while all models were welcome at the Hales' version of Shasta.
danfiveten wrote:Also the MAIN reason shasta stopped that most dont realize is the loss of the venue, the ski lodge's new owner raised the prices WAY to high, to teh point where the group could no longer afford the place.
Dennis and Peggy also got tired of doing everything. Which opens up the question of who now will do everything the Hales did, if we're talking about making Shasta Shasta again. Shasta's a long way to go, but it's a really long way to go for:
danfiveten wrote:the mayor of the town is willing to shut a entire city street down for the show for 3-5 hours it sounds like.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

Trust me, i know how it is with being tired of doing everything, my dad and i have done blue lake for 27 years, this is its 30th year coming up. I was bbqing at the show at the age of 8 because of the lack of help from people >.> Everyone wants to go to a show, but getting people to help is almost impossible half the time.
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
sophlux
Supporter

Post by sophlux »

sorry for the delay but i'd like to share photos from the event. don't want to load them up on here so check it on the link!
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjLdBE9x
what is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
-sayeth spongebob