EFI Manifolds For Sale, IR for Datsun L-Series heads

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Byron510

Re: EFI Manifolds For Sale, IR for Datsun L-Series heads

Post by Byron510 »

No worries folks!

I have more new EFI manifolds coming... still working on making and getting 440 3ph to my milling machine. Actually I have an electrician coming over Friday to work on a final plan to get this done...time for a Shed update.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Nerius

Post by Nerius »

Hi Byron, it's 3 years since the last post, but do you still sell them?
Werner
Even the pain is fun.
https://www.instagram.com/dutchydatsun510/
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I do. I have a new batch of six cast manifolds in the raw - I have not actually machined them yet.
Funny I was working on an SU manifold for a friend locally here, it’s basically a SSS SU manifold that takes the 4 bolt 1 3/4”, 4 bolt 240 SU carbs opposed to the 1 1/2”, 2 bolt SSS carbs.

Shoot me a PM if interested, I’ll get on it for you.
Take care, and Merry Christmas

Byron
B^2

Post by B^2 »

Byron, quick question, do you have the ability to make carb manifolds for non L-series applications? I know there are two people on the boards here running carbs on a k24de but it seems the manifold is nearly impossible to find. I've seen a few manifolds for the single cam version of the KA but not the dual cam.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

B^2 wrote: 27 Dec 2020 12:17 Byron, quick question, do you have the ability to make carb manifolds for non L-series applications? I know there are two people on the boards here running carbs on a k24de but it seems the manifold is nearly impossible to find. I've seen a few manifolds for the single cam version of the KA but not the dual cam.
Making the patterns and them making the jigs for machining... it’s quite a bit of time to get tooled up.
On the first item, with the advent of 3D printers these days - the making of the pattern and core boxes should be quicker, you just have to spend the money up front on the machine...and learn auto cad... which I’m told isn’t that bad these days, it I’m not there.
Second item - Design and Making the tooling - requires the motor - and I’ve never had a KA twin cam. And they are not exactly laying around these days!

It’s just time. To give you an idea - the design and building of my last set of patterns in wood took me 80 hours, I built the jigs in 15-20 hours. You can see there’s a lot of time to recover before you have even cast or machined the first manifold.

Sure, it can be done - but... :-)

Byron