FS: 1971 510 2 door project, MD

Post your forsale and wanted ads
codyisbad

FS: 1971 510 2 door project, MD

Post by codyisbad »

SOLD!!!

1971 Datsun 510 2 door project. I have owned this car for about the last 12 years. It had a built up L20b with a damaged engine, I fixed the problem in the engine and drove it maybe 200 miles. I had another problem with the engine, and was planning doing a swap anyway. I also had just moved to a house with a garage so I started to take it apart for the swap and do the rust repair. It has been torn apart in my garage for about the last 11 years. The car has an sr20det currently installed. The crossmember has been cut and flipped and custom trans mount. The car has rust issues, the rear dogleg sections are rusted out completely on both sides. There is filler in the sections behind the rear wheels. The taillight panel has rust around the lights and a few other sections, one hole where the trunk seal goes. The floor was pretty rusty, I have replaced panels in both sides of the rear floor and front passenger. I have not fixed the driver side, it is mostly cut out, I have made the panels but it needs to be fitted and welded in. The trans tunnel is also partially cut around the shifter area to make room for the sr tranny. The front fenders are fiberglass, I have a spare metal passenger to go with it. There is some rust in the front end mostly in the inner fenders. Chrome bumpers are in pretty good condition. The windshield is cracked, all other glass is good. I have everything to go back into the interior except carpet.
The sr20 was rebuilt and has never been run, all new bearings in the bottom end, new rings and a Cometic metal head gasket.
OS Giken twin disc clutch, just needs the proper throw out bearing.
S15 ball bearing T28
5 speed trans, wire harness, ecu. The swap is almost complete, needs the proper throw out bearing for this clutch and a MAF.
3" core intercooler is installed, Porsche 944 radiator fitted but not installed, would probably go with the VW one instead since it's a bit thinner.
The gas tank is modded for fuel injection, I cut out the top of the tank and welded in the top portion of a 240sx tank, so it has a bolt in sender unit with a Walboro 255lph fuel pump, with the 240sx in tank baffle. There are new feed and return fuel lines bent up and routed, just need to be secured to the floor.
The suspension is front S12 200sx V6 spindles, Tokico blue struts ( shorter rabbit ones) welded collars, coilovers with 300lb Eibach springs. Z31 late model turbo hubs, for use with slip on rotors.
Rear lowering springs, I don't know the rates.
Front brakes are from a Z32 300zx turbo, 4 piston aluminum calipers with Hawk HP pads.
Rear Z32 300zx 2piston calipers with custom mount bracket welded to the control arm. All rotors are new, in that they hardly have any miles on them, but have been on the car for the last 11 years or so. All four calipers have Earl's DOT braided steel lines. Also have the 280zx 15/16 master cylinder and stock booster. The stock metal lines seem to be a little leaky around the master and the little pressure switch below the master. The car is 5 lug, with the front Z31 hubs and professionally machined redrilled rear hubs with ARP wheel studs.
The wheels are 16" stock wheels from a Z32 300zx. The rear tires have good tread and the fronts are again "new" very low miles, but have been on the car for 11 years, actually more like laying on the floor under the car so there's no flat spotting.
The rear differential is supposed to be a R180 4.39:1(I think) LSD from the front end of a 4x4 truck. I don't really know how to tell if it is or isn't without taking it apart.
I have tons of extra and spare parts for the car, I got several boxes with it when I bought it. The interior is completely out of the car right now to facilitate the rust repair and for the swap. There is a lot more to tell about just little details but this is the majority of everything I have.
I would like to sell everything to one person but obviously not everyone has the same idea I had for the car. I would consider parting but not before I sold the chassis. I have the clean title, previously have had it insured and registered on the road.
I am offering it for sale because I have barely touched it since I had kids. I would rather see someone else get it running and on the road to enjoy it then have it just sit in my garage for who knows how long. The car is located in Ijamsville, Maryland about 45 minutes west of Baltimore, 45 minutes NorthWest of DC. Asking $6500
Current condition of rusty areas

These are how is sits, it was before I started the rust repairs so the body was in better shape.

These are all the photos I can find right now, I can take more if anyone is interested.
Last edited by codyisbad on 20 Jan 2019 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
codyisbad

Re: FS: 1971 510 2 door project, MD

Post by codyisbad »