wtb z22 crankshaft

Post your forsale and wanted ads
colorado 510

wtb z22 crankshaft

Post by colorado 510 »

Hi Realm,
I feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack. Does anyone out there have a z22 crank for sale? Or now where I might look for one?

Thanks
510maniac

Re: wtb z22 crankshaft

Post by 510maniac »

I have one. :) I will take pics as soon as I can
Why limit yourself to one car when life is to short to be settled? Get busy and drive as many vintage jap cars as you can!
colorado 510

Post by colorado 510 »

Sounds good.
Thanks
510maniac

Post by 510maniac »

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgot about this. Just been super busy. Should be able to get those pics this weekend for ya.
Why limit yourself to one car when life is to short to be settled? Get busy and drive as many vintage jap cars as you can!
Cable

Post by Cable »

I might need one too.....if you have another.

Thanks!!
Cable
-1970 Datsun 510 Wagon: L20B, Weber DGV, 4 speed, 280zx struts/brakes/coilovers, 15x7 Konig Rewinds, Nitto 205/50/15
-1974 Chevrolet K5 2wd, Full Convertible, LSx 6.0 swap, turbo, etc
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Can anyone confirm that the Z22 crank from a 200sx is fully counter weighted, unlike the Z22 crank from a 720 truck???? If true that would be worth having. The part numbers are different.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

datzenmike wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Z22 crank from a 200sx is fully counter weighted, unlike the Z22 crank from a 720 truck???? If true that would be worth having. The part numbers are different.
There not! The LZ2.2 I build years ago I picked out of a 200SX and it was not fully counter weighed but!! it made no difference because upon rebuild I had the whole rotating mass balanced and that thing was pretty smooth and powerful. A fully counter weighed Z22 crank would be the Balls.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Three B's Racing wrote:
datzenmike wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Z22 crank from a 200sx is fully counter weighted, unlike the Z22 crank from a 720 truck???? If true that would be worth having. The part numbers are different.
There not! The LZ2.2 I build years ago I picked out of a 200SX and it was not fully counter weighed but!! it made no difference because upon rebuild I had the whole rotating mass balanced and that thing was pretty smooth and powerful. A fully counter weighed Z22 crank would be the Balls.
Guys, I think this needs further correction - there are no fully counter weighted Z22 cranks that I know of. The Z22E (200SX) and Z22S (720) both have only partially counter weighted crank throws. Only the L20B came with a fully counter weighted crank.

I believe there were some comp cranks out there, complete with dowel pins with full counter weights, but I am unsure of the stokes that were available.

the S and E blocks are different in the water ports that pass between the block and head. In all cases, the 8 water passages onthe spark plug side of both blocks need to be drilled and aligned to the L20B head if you are going that route. Otherwise the blocks do get warm on that side and scufin gof the pistons will be noted.

Anyways, that's my experience of building LZ22's out of both S and E blocks. Happy hunting.

Byron.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Byron the Z20 cranks are the same as the L20B cranks. Same U60 casting exactly. I have or did have (I don't remember getting rid of them) two Z20 cranks. I even have the Z20 block somewhere.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs