Wtb!!! Sr20 distributor for carburetor set up

Post your forsale and wanted ads
dat_sr510

Wtb!!! Sr20 distributor for carburetor set up

Post by dat_sr510 »

Ok everyone I'm planning a sr20 high comp motor build with carbs but before I even start the rebuild I'd like to get a distributor for it.

If someone has one or know where I can get one please contact me. Or if there's information on how to make one I'd do the too. I already took apart a broken CAS and bad L20b dizzy to compare. I'm sure I can fab something up but if it doesn't work then it be just a waste of time. So I'd rather just buy one. I saw one sold for about $250 but that's all I found.

My name I Juan and I can be reached at (323)404-7375 thank you realm
phone: (323)404-7375
email: datmadrigal@gmail.com
RTB

Re: Wtb!!! Sr20 distributor for carburetor set up

Post by RTB »

I didn't think it was possible.
dat_sr510

Post by dat_sr510 »

Yea it has. I was thinking if it came down to it I would just do a crank trigger and Ls coils or something but I wanna keep the cost down and a bit more simple to work on.
RTB

Post by RTB »

dat_sr510 wrote:Yea it has. I was thinking if it came down to it I would just do a crank trigger and Ls coils or something but I wanna keep the cost down and a bit more simple to work on.
Keeping cost down and simple are not going to be obtainable. This engine was designed for the set up it has. Retrofitting is expensive and difficult. You would probably be better off getting just a SR20DE and calling it good. Besides, what would be the point. If low cost and good power are your goals just build up a L20B.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

RTB wrote:If low cost and good power are your goals just build up a L20B.
says the guy who wants an FJ20E.

(sorry, I couldn't resist :P)
dat_sr510

Post by dat_sr510 »

Yea I get that same reaction all the time. I don't care what other ppl say I already have a s14 sr20det powered 510. I wanna build a high comp s13 sr20 to run my 44 mikunis that are currently on my lz24. I like my Lz but I'm after a higher revving engine. Proper built head will get me 8500rpm. That's what I'm after carbs,high rpm,sr20 on my old 620 King cab
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

PM memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=39901 here, he has my old dizzy. Pretty sure he didn't end up using it for his build.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

And if we're going to link, let's show the good stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlm3WMMwb_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX4Cj2ic57s

Okay, well, it's not that great, but I had no issues with a carb'ed SR.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
RTB

Post by RTB »

510rob wrote:
RTB wrote:If low cost and good power are your goals just build up a L20B.
says the guy who wants an FJ20E.

(sorry, I couldn't resist :P)
Lol I've already built a 2.2L stroker before. I have the budget for a FJ so I am going for it. At least the FJ has carb support lol.
dat_sr510

Post by dat_sr510 »

okayfine wrote:PM memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=39901 here, he has my old dizzy. Pretty sure he didn't end up using it for his build.
Thanks for the lead I sent him a message and hopefully he can help out.

The goal for my build is to have between 11.5:1- 12.5:1 maybe even higher since I'll be putting a water/meth injection kit. Built port and polished head with a power goal of 180hp-200hp I want something different and at the same time keep the carb theme. Make sense ppl? Lol
sr20ve510

Post by sr20ve510 »

I have a carb'd SR20 1200. The guy that built Okayfines built mine...from what I understand he's not building anymore because it's a huge pain in the ass. The guy in Australia that has one refused to sell me his, I offered him $500 because it was the last thing I needed. He still said no, probably still hasn't used it. Haha. It's been years.

I would just try and build one if you have the know how. Good luck.
1972 SR EFI 510 sedan, 1973 SR Carb'd 1200 sedan
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Man, where were you guys when I was trying to sell it before?

Any good machinist can mate the parts. Just pay attention to the phasing so the SR TDC indicator lines up with #1 once you're done.

To the OP, I have an Autech stainless 4-1 header. It's pretty, but it's not a piece of art like some of the headers guys are making these days.