FS: Datsun 510 Headlight relay adapter/upgrade

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Grinder

FS: Datsun 510 Headlight relay adapter/upgrade

Post by Grinder »

Both of my 510 have had the headlight relay fail. Last time was as the designated driver. I managed to get the relay to work long enough to get everyone home but what a pain. Anyhow once I got home I replaced the headlight relay with a conversion kit I made for a standard 5 pin Bosch style automotive relay. I've sold these in the past on Ebay and they've been popular but I got busy with other things and kind of forgot about them until mine failed in my new-to-me 510.

$35 shipped in North America. Includes adapter and relay - plug and play. If you want shipping elsewhere please contact me and I can get a price with shipping for you. Harness side replacement connector and pins is also available for an extra $5 if your harness connector is badly corroded or the housing broken this will let you replace the failed/failing connector.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Kurk

http://www.mackaypowerproducts.com
qwik510
Supporter

Re: FS: Datsun 510 Headlight relay adapter/upgrade

Post by qwik510 »

Very nice looking unit.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

New batch of relays in stock.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

What's funny is that the last time I bought a 68 relay from Nissan, it was a similar adapter. Just FYI, the 68's use a unique relay and headlight wiring system to the 69-73 510's.

Nice looking product Kurk, sign me up for one for my brothers car for sure.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Layton

Post by Layton »

Are you still making these grinder?
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

I would take one as well.... PM me if you still are producing them.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
clean71

Post by clean71 »

I would take one as well , let me know
1971 PL510 4DOOR AUTO
1969 PL510 WAGON 4SPD
1969 PL510 2DR 4SPD
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Hey guys been out of action for a while but I'm back at it. Headlight relays and adapters are available again.
TheHeretic
Supporter

Post by TheHeretic »

Do these allow you to upgrade your lights to H4s without the increased current load to the stock headlight switch? Plug and play?
Carpe Diem!
Ryan
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

TheHeretic wrote: 06 Dec 2018 14:53 Do these allow you to upgrade your lights to H4s without the increased current load to the stock headlight switch? Plug and play?
On the 69-73 harnesses, the light switch on the dash only switches the relay and there for shouldn’t have the extra load of the upgraded headlights on it anyways.

I believe the switch does carry the full load of the running park lights, however, as you can disconnect the relay and still have park/running lights.

Kurk’s part above is a good one, it uses the correct vintage conectors plug and replaces the old relay with a standard relay which could be had anywhere. I have one on my 521 truck, it’s a good reliability upgrade for anyone.
For headlight upgrades, this is a great part as you will need a relay capable of the heavier load, and this does fix that issue.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
iceD

Post by iceD »

PM sent
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

TheHeretic wrote: 06 Dec 2018 14:53 Do these allow you to upgrade your lights to H4s without the increased current load to the stock headlight switch? Plug and play?
Yes you are good to go with the H4s. I'm running H4s on all four lights with this relay setup. In fact it could be the very reason I was motivated to make these :)

Re: side marker lights - might be a good excuse to run LED lights on the markers :) Just make sure you colour match red to red and amber to amber. If you want to run LED in the signal lights you'll want to run an LED compatible flasher.