WTB Datsun 510 - Two-Door, Four-Door, or Wagon

Post your forsale and wanted ads
okayfine
Supporter

WTB Datsun 510 - Two-Door, Four-Door, or Wagon

Post by okayfine »

I am looking for a new project. I have a specific project in mind for each body style, but all cars should be reasonably rust free, complete, and running with clear title. The stocker the better. Car should be capable of making it back to 91320 under its own power.

I have paged through Craigslist local results and results in a 500-mile radius and have found basically nothing except $1000 cars advertised for $6000. I'm interesting in doing things to a new car, not fixing up a heap. But I'm also looking to build a car and turn it, not build to keep, so mint originals and their asking prices probably won't work.

Let me know what you've got, either here or PM (or PM for my e-mail). Pictures are good, good pictures are better.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
KoHeartsGPA

Re: WTB Datsun 510 - Two-Door, Four-Door, or Wagon

Post by KoHeartsGPA »

Boy oh boy you've got quite a task on hand, Julian!, I'll keep my eyes and ears sharp as I do many miles of travel each and every week, last year at the Canby show there was a couple complete looking unmolested dimes for sale, any chance you might have time to come this year?
Diego.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

That's pretty good, but it's in Oregon (despite the SF CL post).
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
toylet
Supporter

Post by toylet »

two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

nice one
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I did see the CL wagon. Too nice for what I want to do with a wagon. Thanks, though!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

And muvro thought he was going to have issues with his front wheels moved 50mm forward:
00x0x_1RYJlICC07B_600x450.jpg
00x0x_1RYJlICC07B_600x450.jpg (23.43 KiB) Viewed 3427 times
I'm not even slightly sold on that front suspension attachment. That wagon is dead, and it looks (looked :shock: ) clean.