F/S 72 4 Door 510 Project

Post your forsale and wanted ads
2DoorJim
Supporter

F/S 72 4 Door 510 Project

Post by 2DoorJim »

SOLD

Project 510

Bodywork started 25 years ago as you see it but then the 510 went into hibernation.

It's mechanically complete, only parts removed were related to bodywork. L18 runs, will need air filters and all fluids changed. Air filter socks which were on the motor were decomposed, I put them in a bag in the trunk. Tires are 25+ years old.

Little rust. Glass, dash, headliner and orig carpet are in good to excellent condition, drivers seat has some tears. Non stock fabric on seats and door panels. Most of the hardware is here to put it back together but missing are: front bumper, a door handle, a window crank, radio, and some other small hardware. Rear bumper is bent. The body looks reasonably straight.

L18
Weber 40s/Mikuni short intake
Aftermarket cam
Dog leg 5 speed
B210 brake booster
Aftermarket swaybars front and rear
Factory tach
Aftermarket steering wheel
Vintage Toyota celica 13" steel wheels/Trim rings

Last registered in Alberta in 89, it does not have a "title" (as required in USA) will be sold with a bill of sale which is conventional for Alberta.

Will negotiate a deal without the drivetrain if a buyer wants to do a motor swap. Buyer for the drivetrain is standing by.

Message me your email address if you want more pictures.

Located in Calgary.

Last edited by 2DoorJim on 04 Feb 2015 21:17, edited 5 times in total.
SteveEdmonton
Supporter

Re: F/S 72 4 Door 510 Project

Post by SteveEdmonton »

So I take it 2-Door Jim is tired of this 4-door? :lol:

Looks like a really solid base for somebody. If I was on the hunt, this would be a top contender... and not just because it's close by!

GLWS
'71 4-door
'74 MGB-GT
'04 Miata
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

Sweet garage/work space! (Jealous) I'm sure this will sell quick. Where is that mrnurse guy?
2DoorJim
Supporter

Post by 2DoorJim »

Thanks for the comments guys. I realize it's not the best time of the year to be selling a 510 but I'm on automobile overload mode here after a recent acquisition. l'm already paying for storage for a couple cars and don't want to add another so bottom one has to go... I even adjusted my price down already.

Right now the 510 is parked in my workplace shop space which is a small plane hangar but I actually can't afford the space for it, not to mention "2doorjim"s 2 door project is also parked here so I'm crowded when I need the floor space to perform actual paying work.

I've only received a couple weak offers so far but given the appearance of the 510 I'm sorta not surprised. Perhaps I can change that with these following pics:

The ultra rare 200SX shift knob matching it's dog leg gear box, AND YES, what you are seeing is genuine VELOUR! :lol:

2DoorJim
Supporter

Post by 2DoorJim »

Bumping my ad.

I have a buyer lined up for the drivetrain if someone only wants the roller/chassis

Jim
Last edited by 2DoorJim on 29 Jan 2015 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
andrewm

Post by andrewm »

She's beautiful! If I had the funds I would buy it in a heart beat.
1970 510 wagon ka24e-t