WTB: SR20 crossmember for 510

Post your forsale and wanted ads
char1ie

WTB: SR20 crossmember for 510

Post by char1ie »

Hi all,

Does anybody have an engine crossmember for fitting the SR20 engine and a gearbox crossmember for the 5 speed SR20 gearbox? Picking up engine and box this week and would like to save my current crossmembers if I can in case I ever revert to Datsun original power.

Thanks all,

Charlie
okayfine
Supporter

Re: WTB: SR20 crossmember for 510

Post by okayfine »

Trans crossmember here:

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6292
http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphot ... r&cat=3329

Old post, but Carter should have them.

No one has an SR crossmember ready to go, other than the somewhat sketchy aluminum one on eBay, or the Datsport one that is part of their fit kit. Or McKinney, but really...anything but them. Are you game to flip it yourself so you just need a spare?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

Gearbox crossmember looks good. Thanks for the link.

Still keen to find used options, and yes, I'm happy to chop up an engine crossmember but if anybody has one already chopped and flipped, or a spare original, I'm interested.

Charlie
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

char1ie wrote:Hi all,

Does anybody have an engine crossmember for fitting the SR20 engine and a gearbox crossmember for the 5 speed SR20 gearbox? Picking up engine and box this week and would like to save my current crossmembers if I can in case I ever revert to Datsun original power.

Thanks all,

Charlie

I have a OBX Racing Aluminum , brand new, going a different route so this is for sale. Its for SR20 or KA24 swap.
This is the one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Alumin ... 72&vxp=mtr

Currently still at my buddies place in Everett Wa. $300.00 +shipping
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

Thanks but would prefer a flipped, chopped original, and have heard a few negative things about the CX Racing one.

Charlie
RTB

Post by RTB »

I have an unmodified 69 front crossmember if you wanted to do your own.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

char1ie wrote:Hi all,

Thanks all,

Charlie
Once SR power is realized, you'll never ever go back to L-Series. I know I never will because why slow yourself up?
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

Three B's Racing wrote: Once SR power is realized, you'll never ever go back to L-Series. I know I never will because why slow yourself up?
You have a point ;-)

Maybe I'm keen to find one that somebody has done already cos i am lazy and don't want to go to the hassle of doing my own. Although I will if I can't find another option.

Charlie
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Takes way longer to jig it than to actually flip it.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I have one, but shipping to UK is going to be extremely expensive I think.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

okayfine wrote:Takes way longer to jig it than to actually flip it.
I didn't jig mine well not in the fashion Okayfine is referring to. What I did was left it bolted in the 510. Ran a 4x4 under the crossmember securing it then cut the center section out. Cleaned for welding, reversed it then welded it in place. Removed from the 510 and welded in 1/8" plates beneath the crossmember at the welded seams. Naturally this was using new stock L series engine isolators. Worked great and I'd do it again if I were to built another 510.

Lou " Three beer job"
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

goichi1 wrote:I have one, but shipping to UK is going to be extremely expensive I think.
Could you weigh it then go on USPS to find out please, and/or PM me with a price you are looking for and some details please.

Thanks,

Charlie