WTB 22 Tooth Pinion Gear

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Great_Escape
Supporter

WTB 22 Tooth Pinion Gear

Post by Great_Escape »

I'm looking for the Orange 22 tooth Pinon gear for the for a Z 5 speed. The Part number is 32703-86402 but I am unable to source one. Maybe you have one tucked away gathering dust? Thank you. If you have the correct pinon sleeve I'd be interested in that too but I can always continue to use my modified on. Thank You.
Great_Escape
Supporter

Re: WTB 22 Tooth Pinion Gear

Post by Great_Escape »

Bump. If anyone has a suggestion I'll listen.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Try 32702-E9822 about $30 for everything. This is the complete assembly sleeve and 22 tooth plastic gear used in one of the 720 diff/wheel option combinations. To use in the earlier z or any 71B 5 speed before '80 you will likely have to cut a new key way notch for the hold down. I just used a 6" angle grinder and a metal cutting blade. Just nick a new notch 180 from the existing one and the sleeve then goes in upside down from the 720's position and should work just fine.

Take a look at these two sleeves below...

The key way notch is just above the threads on the lower left. But if you look at the plastic gear you can see that one is to the left and the other to the right. To position the gears in the same side a new key way is cut on the other side and it's put in upside down. This is what I did with my '79 zx 5 speed when I replaced the tail with an '85. I wanted the same speedometer gearing but it wouldn't bolt in without mashing the plastic gear.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Great_Escape
Supporter

Post by Great_Escape »

datzenmike wrote:Try 32702-E9822 about $30 for everything. This is the complete assembly sleeve and 22 tooth plastic gear used in one of the 720 diff/wheel option combinations. To use in the earlier z or any 71B 5 speed before '80 you will likely have to cut a new key way notch for the hold down. I just used a 6" angle grinder and a metal cutting blade. Just nick a new notch 180 from the existing one and the sleeve then goes in upside down from the 720's position and should work just fine.

Take a look at these two sleeves below...

The key way notch is just above the threads on the lower left. But if you look at the plastic gear you can see that one is to the left and the other to the right. To position the gears in the same side a new key way is cut on the other side and it's put in upside down. This is what I did with my '79 zx 5 speed when I replaced the tail with an '85. I wanted the same speedometer gearing but it wouldn't bolt in without mashing the plastic gear.
Great solution and thank you. I had to do this to a sleeve when swapping gears from a 17 to a 20.