1970 2 Door Datsun 510 Chevy V8

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Roger

1970 2 Door Datsun 510 Chevy V8

Post by Roger »

1970 2 Door Datsun 510. Pictures at...
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/recei ... DRq0cMWriA

Engine: 327 Chevy V8, mildly worked heads, Comp Cams Cam and Rockers, Edlebrock RPM manifold, Holley carb, MSD Unilite distributor, Mallory coil, new fuel lines, and fuel pressure regulator. Two in line fuel filters, Fuel cell in trunk, new Be Cool radiator, new belt and hoses. Engine has headers with dual flow masters.
**The negative about the engine is the keyway for the harmonic balancer is welded to the crank.

Transmission: TH350 automatic trans with shift kit

Suspension: New front and rear Troy Ermish coil-overs, New Ft/RR steel braided brake lines, new Ft/ RR pads, rotors, and shoes. New Ft/ RR wheel bearings, new ball joints and tie rod ends, new Ft/ RR polyurethane bushings, rear cross member bushings not yet installed, but have them to sell with the car. R200 differential included with sale is a spare R200 that is welded up. Has rack and pinion steering, has Ft/ RR after-market sway bars. 205/65/13 tires, tires are new and mounted on Libra wheels.

Body: All body work is done, car is primered. Small dent in right rear quarter panel and trunk lid. Chrome is in great shape. Seals are dry and cracking. Door windows and quarter glass are all in great shape. Front windshield is hazy. Rear window has spots on it from welding. Floor pans are a 5 on a scale from 1-10.

Interior: All carpeted with custom front and rear aluminum door panels, rear seat has been removed and carpeted over. Rear seat could be re-installed but do not have seat available. 6 point roll cage that is removable. Excellent dash. Custom aluminum switch panel that replaces the heater controls, but is not yet installed (included w. sale). Does not have heater but one can be installed. 2 RCI seats, TCI shifter, AutoMeter gauges, 5 inch tach, has oil pressure and engine temp gauges. Grant GT steering wheel with quick release hub. Seat belts are 2 years old. Battery is located in trunk with cut off switch inside the gas door.

Misc: Have wiper motor and linkage that will go on the car, will still work but needs to be installed and wired in. Do not have wiper arms or wiper blades. High beams are not wired in.

Vehicle would be an ideal candidate for a SR, KA, or VG swap. The vehicle is already equipped with rack and pinion steering, engine is set back 4.5 inches to accommodate the V8, but still leaves foot well room. Engine is mounted to an engine plate mounted to the frame rails. Car is drivable and insure. V8 was installed in 1993 and always stored inside.

$6,000 obo

Please call or text 408-316-6243. If calling, Mon-Fri, may not be able to return calls until after 6:30p. Text anytime.
goichi1
Supporter

Re: 1970 2 Door Datsun 510 Chevy V8

Post by goichi1 »

looks pretty cool, but I have a few questions.
1. is the alternator actually bolted to the motor and the lower frame rail?
2. Is the motor supported or mounted by that big frontal type bracket that mounts to the front of the engine and then to the chassis?
3. How much of the inside of the car is cut to fit the motor?
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Goichi,
The alternator is mounted to the frame rail/engine plate. The plate is bolted to the front of the engine and then plate is bolted to the front frame rails. The engine was set back 4.5 inches into the cab to accommodate the engine, but we only moved back around the engine so you lose no footwell space.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I see....so it's basically a solid mounted engine. I gotta say, that's one of the cleanest V8 swaps I've seen.
Roger

Post by Roger »

You got it. Thank you very much!! My Dad and I did it back when v8 power was cheaper than 4 cylinder power was. It's been a fun car but now it's time to let it go and move on to a new project.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks for looking.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

327s weigh 575 lbs or more than two L series motors. Lot of weight on the front.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Roger

Post by Roger »

datzenmike wrote:327s weigh 575 lbs or more than two L series motors. Lot of weight on the front.
Ahhhhh......thanks??? For taking the time to point that out. :D
Roger

Post by Roger »

Bump.

Would also consider selling without the engine and transmission.
BoostinBen

Post by BoostinBen »

I saw this car not long ago in my neighborhood (you were turning onto woodard ave) it looked great rolling down the street and sounded mean! definetly a healthy v8 in there.. good luck with the sale! hope it stays local id like to see more of that thing.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Ben. Thats right around the corner from my house too. There WAS quite a few 510's in this neighborhood not to long ago. Tony 1 street over from me had 2 (he sold 1), Kirk 2 streets over had 1 (he sold it) and then I have 2. I would like to see more of your car. I peeked at it at the Starbucks meet one time and really liked it.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Bump for a price drop. $5500.00 o.b.o.