1972 Datsun 510 2 door SR20DET $20K OBO

Post your forsale and wanted ads
chongmang

Re: 1972 Datsun 510 2 door SR20DET $20K OBO

Post by chongmang »

the car looks great with those wheels. bring it to the swapmeet!
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

I noticed "and how could I not? that there are no side mirrows or high beams lamps. Now I know that you probably have hi and low beams in the singles but that car here in the NorthEast could not pass a safety vehicle inspection which means no street use making it a trailer queen and or garage master. I wonder what other states have vehicle safety inspections like ours. Other than that Sweet ride!!!!
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

Three B's Racing wrote:I noticed "and how could I not? that there are no side mirrows or high beams lamps. Now I know that you probably have hi and low beams in the singles but that car here in the NorthEast could not pass a safety vehicle inspection which means no street use making it a trailer queen and or garage master. I wonder what other states have vehicle safety inspections like ours. Other than that Sweet ride!!!!
In Washington State, they don't even inspect your out of state car for anything, just pay for your tabs and drive it.

How does anyone license a vintage street rod or even a stock classic in your state ? Alot of vintage stockers or Hot Rods do not have seat belts, front or rear turn signals, and only one rear tail light assy on the left side. The 68/69 510's were actaully shipped to the U.S. without rear side markers. They were installed at the docks prior to delivery to the dealers. That is why the rear side markers look like they belong on a motorcycle . Regardless....its about a 1hr job to install some mirrors and front turn signal assy's if needed.

The wheels sure gave it some more curb appeal. GLWS
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

In California, they don't even inspect your foreign-market import car for anything, just pay for your tabs and drive it.

US '68s didn't have any rear sidemarkers. Regulations changed and '69 did, then changed again for the '70 MY with the bigger ones. This was a US regulation that Canada enjoyed by default. But I have pictures of 510s on the dock in Japan with US sidemarkers already in place.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

nickledimeme wrote:
Three B's Racing wrote:I noticed "and how could I not? that there are no side mirrows or high beams lamps. Now I know that you probably have hi and low beams in the singles but that car here in the NorthEast could not pass a safety vehicle inspection which means no street use making it a trailer queen and or garage master. I wonder what other states have vehicle safety inspections like ours. Other than that Sweet ride!!!!
In Washington State, they don't even inspect your out of state car for anything, just pay for your tabs and drive it.

How does anyone license a vintage street rod or even a stock classic in your state ? Alot of vintage stockers or Hot Rods do not have seat belts, front or rear turn signals, and only one rear tail light assy on the left side. The 68/69 510's were actaully shipped to the U.S. without rear side markers. They were installed at the docks prior to delivery to the dealers. That is why the rear side markers look like they belong on a motorcycle . Regardless....its about a 1hr job to install some mirrors and front turn signal assy's if needed.

The wheels sure gave it some more curb appeal. GLWS
It's easy dude "That's the way it came that way from the factory" Kit cars do need to have all the required safety devices except for air bags.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten »

You can't go by what NH does for state inspection.

Check engine light on, FAIL.

No seat belts or the air bag warning light on, PASS.

Emissions, none required on '79 and older. '80 to OBD era, vissual only. The equipment has to be there but it doesn't have to work. OBD era, you connect the car on-line to the State and Big Brother reads it on-line and determines a Pass or Fail.

NH has some of the most wacked out safety inspection rules.
Dave Patten
http://www.FutoFab.com
Dunbarton, NH
the510keeper

Post by the510keeper »

The headlights are hi and low, and single light only. I could not decide on mirrors, didn't want to drill holes in the side on the door, install a side mirror and have some one comment I would buy it if it had better mirrors. You get the idea. Yep kinda sucks not having mirrors.

On a new note. I have someone coming to look at the in the next few weeks, sounds positive. If it does not pan out. I will be dissembling the car, changing the color and other small details I'm not happy with and reassembling it. Then take it of the market.
Wife likes the car alot, just not the color. The color is through out the car not an ez respray. We have other 510 projects we would rather work on then repainting this one, but we will see how it goes.