VORGON DECELERATOR (PROTOTYPE)

Post your forsale and wanted ads
bertvorgon
Supporter

VORGON DECELERATOR (PROTOTYPE)

Postby bertvorgon » 06 Jul 2009 19:49

ROB....It is time to up grade the BERT VORGON DECELERATOR PROTOTYPE.

This was made with loving care, by my brother Rimsky, at Lake Bullshitski, in the Motherland, and presented to me by Gary Koehn, of KoehnTek Motorsports, back in the 90's. The transistors have gotten a bit tired, the warning speaker has a hiss, and with todays modern tires, it cannot quite keep up with the Decelaration rate of my car now.

I will gladly trade this, for the last generation of survival cockpit capsule, from a Russian SU 30 MKI. This would maintain compatability with my existing hardware, and, Rimski does not like working on anything else, since his last trip to the bottom of Lake Bullshiski.

NO triflers please, and no Chineese copies of survival Capsules either.
Attachments
IMG_7061.JPG
Warning Label, came to be true upon first test. Written test could be supplied if requested,
possibly up-loaded to the site, if enough interest shown
IMG_7063.JPG
genuine label showing Model #
IMG_7059.JPG
VAGD-510-30/can-kl-1a Decelerator
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

hang_510
Supporter

Re: VORGON DECELERATOR (PROTOTYPE)

Postby hang_510 » 07 Jul 2009 12:44

bertvorgon wrote:It is time to up grade

I will gladly trade this, for the last generation of survival cockpit capsule, from a Russian SU 30 MKI. This would maintain compatability with my existing hardware, and, Rimski does not like working on anything else, since his last trip to the bottom of Lake Bullshiski.

nothing to trade...

...just upgrade the intrinsic junction box with this...
excellent zener barrier protection (it goes to 11)
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.

spoolinitup33

Postby spoolinitup33 » 07 Jul 2009 14:00

What in the world is this thing?

datzenmike
Supporter

Postby datzenmike » 07 Jul 2009 14:45

Looks like a superheterodyne receiver. Or.... some....thing disguised as one.....
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

goichi1
Supporter

Postby goichi1 » 07 Jul 2009 16:29

Looks like a homemade amplifier.....for a guitar or stereo.....

510rob

Postby 510rob » 07 Jul 2009 16:42

The first box is a classic Vorgon decellerator,

The second box looks like a thermionic electron accelerator with intermediate tetrode-configured masking feedback and guide grids. Perhaps it might even contain a semi-negative charge ray beam power deflector in the current drive split-phase high power section. Of course it might simply be an early triode style direct heated non-sleeved emitter accelerator module.

tycot1
Supporter

Postby tycot1 » 07 Jul 2009 18:21

but does it go to 11 like hang_510s does? i finally watched "this is spinal tap" and the whole movie is worth it just for the 'it goes to 11 scene". you guys are nuts by the way, this thread is hilarious.
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 07 Jul 2009 19:16

Here is Rimski, in the first test of the Decelerator, at Lake Bullshitski. This is from the first manuscript of the test I think.
Attachments
BV Lada_436x600.jpg
Bert Vorgon racing Lada, 1st test
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law

spoolinitup33

Postby spoolinitup33 » 07 Jul 2009 19:24

510rob wrote:The first box is a classic Vorgon decellerator,

What does a decellerator do?

rnorrish

Postby rnorrish » 07 Jul 2009 20:28

spoolinitup33 wrote:

What does a decellerator do?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=decelerator
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote:My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 07 Jul 2009 20:36

glad you recognized that Rob.

the top secret Vorgon Decelerator, gives a 510, the Most powerful brakes ever created.....

here is an excerpt from an article I wrote some time ago, 1996 to be exact, during some of the early testing phase of the Decelerator..

Back in June, for those of you that were at the AGM, I received a very "SPECIAL" package from Russia, the Bert Vorgon Factory to be precise! It was the latest Bert Vorgon Anti gravity Decelerator VAGD 510/30/CAN KL 1a Kit (see picture). Wow, was I SURPRISED!! And impressed! It had been a while since I had communicated with Bert and had kind of lost track of his progress. Bert had to spend some time looking for his brother, Rimsky, lost in Lake Bullshitski, not far from their test facility. Seems Rimsky was testing one of their early prototype decelerators on Bert's ice racing Lada (see picture). He occasionally gets confused when things start happening fast (most ice racers usually do). Just to back track a little, Rimsky had also bolted a MIG 21 Jet assisted fuel bottle to the right side of his front fender. His theory was to light it off in small bursts to get the Lada to turn left better (Rimsky gets TSN via satellite and loves NASCAR). What he did not count on was the extreme G forces produced, once that sucker lit off!
So extreme that he could not reach the dash to turn it off. So, as Rimsky hurtled down the straight, and almost to oblivion, instead of hitting the arming switch for the decelerator, he hit the "on" button for the jet pack. Bert last saw him, eyes bulging, augering into Lake Bullshitski, spinning at 400 knots! Lucky for all, Rimsky was also testing a self contained survival capsule, a la the Unlimited Hydroplanes. It took a couple of months to get him out of the lake. Mainly because Bert was glad to get him out of his hair for awhile, and did not want any more large, Lada sized holes in the ice.
At any rate, after months of testing, lots of bent sheet metal, and one test driver, the test is finished. Published here is the original letter from Bert, that came with the Decelerator Kit, as well as the letter, pictures, and test results that I have sent back to Bert.
You can see, from some of the pictures, that things did not always go smoothly. Quality control in Russia is still not up to par. We were given the wrong wiring diagram (Rimsky's fault), the sockets would only fit a Lada?, and, the untimely triggering of a V1 MAX Decel Mode, proved to give a whole new meaning to the term "detached Retinas" (see artist's rendering)! I have also used my company for the testing, hence the letterhead. I hate Law suites, ever since that incident with the "red" neck in the Bronco, during one of the infamous' Vernon to Kamloops Cannonballs. He should NEVER have tried to out brake Richard Boyck and myself, NEVER! Good thing he was a poor shot. On the positive side, I made lots of new friends during the testing...ambulance drivers, emergency room technicians and physical therapists, as well as the neighbors at the end of my complex who called the rescue squad. So, read on and, hopefully enjoy. For those of you that still have the early setup on the rear of your 510, just carry a really big fire extinguisher.

Keith Law
Mr. Gadget Research
October 2, 1996

Keith Law

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 07 Jul 2009 20:45

i also found this letter, from the Bert Vorgon archives, mentioning the demise of the Lada.... :wink:

BERT VORGON BRAKE SYSTEMS
#510-015 LAKE BULLSHITSKI DRIVE
STOPFASTKI, N. SIBERIA
00PL510-2DR73
APRIL 1,1997

Greetings from Lake Bullshitski!!!

How are you Comrade Gary? I hope you have had a productive winterski gettingk the Yellow Bomber ready for combat. We have herd rumors over here of all the thinks that you are doink in your garage. As a matter of fact we even had the smell of Bondo waftingk over the North Pole. Maybe somebody buldink fender flares? I guess all the 510 club members are gettingk ready for that Knoxski Hillclimbski, eh! Our KGB have been tryingk to find out what everbodie is doinsk, but, most doors are locked. They (the KGB) say it is due to someone spying outs a 3" stainless exhaustski system on 510 in a race shopski in New Westminsters. Heard anything about that? Seems that fellowsk has been up to know goodski all winter! I thinks all you 510skis are tricky buggerskis!
Hey, hows your son doink on that Dodge Coltski? We heard it is pretty trickski and should bee pretty fast. Still have to be some thing to beat the old Ladaski!! HAHA.
Speakink of the ole' Lada, Rimski finally did it in. Over the winter he decided he needed to upgrade the wiring, etc. on the Vorgon Decelerator. He accomplished that with only one small fire. After the modification he decided to try some new brake padskis. Seems he was reading a magazinski sent to him by a Mr. Gadget. It had all sorts of neat stuffski on those Nascar guys, and, some infoski on Carbon Fiberski Padskis! Well, Rimski thought those sounded far outski !! Two weeks later he had a set, specially made, for the Lada. Off he went, thundering along Lake Bullshitski, on one of his fast, scenic tourskis. About twenty minutes later, I heard a horrendous explosion from the far end of Lake Bullshitski. Upon examinink the wreckage, it seems Rimski should have had a proper fuel cellski in the car. The tremendous deceleration ripped the fuel tank out of the rusty ( lots of saltski used in the Motherland) frame! The fuel tank plowed forward, through the passengerski compartment. On it's way forward, it ripped out the Vorgon Decelerator. When the wires were ripped out, they triggered the explosion. The roofski of the Lada was missingk! After much searching it has been determined that Rimski was blown BACKSKI into Lake Bullshitski, again!! Hopefully he filled the air tankskis in the survival capsule. Bad part about this is that our goverment insuranski will not pay for repairskis. I bet yours would.

Good Newsski! Things are very bads here so I have decided to moves to your good city. It sounds like you all have lots of funski on hikes, meetingks, and testingks my brakes out. I have applied for a jobski with a little company in a place called Lankley, or Langsleyski, or somethink like that. I have lots of experience in lights, after workingk on the drivingk lights on the Lada. I might even have my own office, with my own name plate on my desk, wow! I hope it all works outski.
I must press on, as the mail delivery is goingk to be very early today. Best of luck in the 97' race season, and hopefully, we may all get to test our Decelerators out together. I would like to go on one of your Scenic Lake tours.

Best Regards,

Bert Vorgon Decelerators, Inc.

Keith Law

510rob

Postby 510rob » 08 Jul 2009 10:17

That was a sad day in the club's history. Poor Rimski.

hang_510
Supporter

Postby hang_510 » 08 Jul 2009 12:49

so these are required for ice racing...since there are no trees around.
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.

datzenmike
Supporter

Postby datzenmike » 08 Jul 2009 15:16

The second box looks like a thermionic electron accelerator with intermediate tetrode-configured masking feedback and guide grids. Perhaps it might even contain a semi-negative charge ray beam power deflector in the current drive split-phase high power section. Of course it might simply be an early triode style direct heated non-sleeved emitter accelerator module.

So if I read this right the 'decelerator' produces a negative electron spin within the roughly 5meter spherical field that is generated. Anything inside this generated field experiences a time multiplication allowing more work or energy transfer or increased entropy. Relativistic effects would take place inside or out. To Bert it would seem that he is approaching a stop at a leisurely 5KPH and stops within 4-5 feet. To an outside observer the Lada with Burt strapped inside would approach the stop at over 100MPH and very suddenly in the last 4-5 feet he would decelerate to zero with no ill effects.

Perhaps there was a power drop from the 28 amp alternator or that pesky external voltage regulator and the field size did not get big enough to include the gas tank in the rear. It received the full 80gs of deceleration and tore loose. Perhaps a larger one from a Niva would prevent this in the future?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

Return to “Classifieds”