Photobucket trying to blackmail me.

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
datzenmike
Supporter

Photobucket trying to blackmail me.

Post by datzenmike »

Unless I pay $400 all of my PB pictures used here or elsewhere are no longer view able. Besides the incredibly shitty service and constant changes, lengthy waits and impossibly hard navigation through the site, they want me to pay????? What the fuck? I sent them feedback through e mail and told them to 'piss off'.

You better all check your previous posts that included PB pictures.

"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510rob

Re: Photobucket trying to blackmail me.

Post by 510rob »

Seems like they are suddenly revealing their longer-term business model.

how many GBs worth of pictures do you estimate that you put up on their site?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I use imgur. That sucks though I used photo bucket back in the day. Better check old threads.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

All mine display the above message. They say I have only used about 22% of my allotted storage space. I won't close my account, that would be giving in and making it easy for them. What arrogant assholes! All my pictures are saved on my computer so they don't totally own me.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
indy510

Post by indy510 »

You sure it's not a bandwith problem? ... I remember a few years ago they said I had reached my month's worth of free bandwidth, and I would have to pay to have the photos visible again, or wait two weeks

edit: the photos in your 710 wagon thread say you've reached %100 of your third party hosting usage .... sounds like too many people re-posting your pics or they were hacked. I would wait a few days
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

man..... 2 free accounts @ 95% spanning 7 build threads....

pb new terms : "Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” "

whats a good, free, resizing program ? something that can do a folder @ a time ? will I crash the realm uploading 100s of pics ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
510rob

Post by 510rob »

RMS wrote:man..... 2 free accounts @ 95% spanning 7 build threads....

pb new terms : "Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” "

whats a good, free, resizing program ? something that can do a folder @ a time ? will I crash the realm uploading 100s of pics ?
I've always used this program ---> http://www.xemico.com/photogadget/freeware.html

This also looks promising ---> https://sourceforge.net/projects/icompress/
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I have noticed a few more people's accounts being locked in the past few days.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I just read the statement from photobucket and they launched this new service on July 6th. It is $400 per year for the 3rd party service which is ridiculous. They are going to be loosing a massive amount of business because of this. Everyone I know who is currently using them is changing to some other service because of it.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
RMS
Supporter

Photobucket no longer trying to blackmail me.

Post by RMS »

I am blown away! photobucket fixed all the links they were holding for ransom.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Maybe their long term business model realization backfired! :-D

Mike, you'd be a happier guy I suspect.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Never!!! I've never looked back.

Now all old pictures are marred with "Proudly hosted on photobucket"??? really?

May they all fall into Dante's 9th circles of hell... alternating between the 4th circle for Greed ...

and the 9th for Betrayal.

The last Ninth Circle of Hell is divided into 4 Rounds according to the seriousness of the sin though all residents are frozen in an icy lake. Those who committed more severe sin are deeper within the ice. Betrayers of special relationships are frozen in a lake of ice. Satan, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius are here.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

.... and I think Rimski is currently ice racing with Bert Vorgons latest Anti-gravity decelerator on that very same patch of ice!

At least these guys have a good sound track!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

In my last e-mail from Rimski ( who is finally online from Lake Bullshitski ) he is working on a new project from the Siberian wilderness.

Like Musk and Branson, he thinks Space tourism is where it is going to be at. Tired of recovering himself from the bottom of Lake Bullshitski, he has embarked on a new capsule program from the throw away tests at Baikanor launch site. Tourists will be able to experience ZERO G and truly be in"space" as they will be above the Karman Line.

With a little luck and not too many trips to the lake bottom, he feels he should be ready for 2025. He is re-adapting the Vorgon Decelerator to help slow the capsule on descent.
Attachments
Theoretical flight plan
Theoretical flight plan
Rimski's project.JPG (84.39 KiB) Viewed 4734 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Doh! I deleted my account when all that was going on....

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100