Post by dislexicdime »

changed my inner tie rod on my rack now i need an alignment
L series only have one header!

i need another garage mine is full of part's
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: What did you do on your 510 today?

Post by two_68_510s »

Cleaned up my doors and found a weird repair under the bondo by the hinge.

Inside the door there was a non-factory brace spot welded to the back of the hinge attachment point, and, as the photo shows he pulled out by drilling and using a dent puller, the "pushed in" hinge mounting point (why I don't know, there is full access behind!!)

Looks like it was hit hard somehow, maybe bent backwards? and pushed in. The whole area is bumpy and wavy

I will take out the new brace and straighten/weld in the metal, but today I just cleaned it up and planned my revenge.
Attachments
blue 510 doors.jpg
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
indy510

Post by indy510 »

I painted the inside of my trunk yesterday.....

Oh... wait......... what did I do to my 510 today? .... . . nothing

But if I get off the computer; I will go get a new fan-belt, hook up the radiator, ...... and fire up that bitch for the first time in 8 months..... :mrgreen:
TerryHackman
Supporter

Post by TerryHackman »

I slid the 5" of snow off the roof of the Wagon so that I could shovel the rest of it off the driveway. F#$%in weather is always the shits in Edmonton. Can never get anything productive done when its COLD!!!
indy510

Post by indy510 »

Victory!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRc-M0P92U

:mrgreen: .... Start up video of my 510
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Both doors now stripped of all mechanisms/trim/glass, and ready to go to the blasters. Got a big morning planned for monday after work. Fab shop to make/repair a couple things, drop radiator and heater core for 'service', and then to the blasters with a collection of stuff. Makes for a long day after working all night.... I know- Whaaaaa.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
Chadsinto510s

Post by Chadsinto510s »

Made new gaskets for my SU spacers and between the heatshield and manifold.

Cleaned my air filter foam. Doesn't look like I've done it for a LONG while.

Cleaned the engine/engine bay.

Developed an electrical problem shortly after cleaning the engine/ engine bay.

Decided to vinegar bath the fuse block.

Found the alternator is over charging @ 16.25 volts after it gets hot.

Now I have no voltage to anything with the key on. No Lights, no starter, nothing.

Still no idea what's going on.

I'll get it. Eventually. Gotta be ready in time for Canby.... :roll:
---Yeah, I said what I said.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

No voltage to anything ONLY with the key ON? That is weird. The 10ga white wire from the alt to the fuse box should be providing voltage to stuff (like lights) regardless of the key.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

after the douching, did you reconnect the fusible links correctly?
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I drove mine today.

Happy 510 day!
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
Chadsinto510s

Post by Chadsinto510s »

okayfine wrote:No voltage to anything ONLY with the key ON? That is weird. The 10ga white wire from the alt to the fuse box should be providing voltage to stuff (like lights) regardless of the key.
I miss stated. No lights of any kind. No cabin voltage with the key in the on position. No start. Turned out to be a failed fusible link. Still got an SLIGHT over volting problem but it seems to be under 15.2 volts now. The ignition doesn't seem to like it though. Probably changing out the alternator this week.
---Yeah, I said what I said.
farmer_fred

Post by farmer_fred »

Drove it to work, just like I do every day I don't ride a motorcycle.
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Got the 'news' from the radiator shop. Both rad and heater core are wasted. To re-do the heater, $135. Then he tells me to radiator will be......wait for it......$425! Wow. Looks like we're going the VW route. Hell, for that much $, I could get real close to a full custom, exact replica in aluminum. Time to pull out the DQ with the swap article.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

Rods (not so discount) Datsun Parts has 3 cores for less I think. Thats look stock and fit stock locations

POTD you could post parts you need and soembody might have a spare that rebuilable. 425$ is abit much I think to get a recored radiator. The parts they need to know is good is the top and bottom. jacks in renton did mine back in the day.
for 425 you can send your old Radiator in and they will clone it for that price and get a PImpin one.

My heater core from Nissan was 180 but if you look at the heater core their should be a part #(not the housing but the actual core. enter the number on Nissaparts.cc and see if it come up.

Maybe Frank has a good heater core.and spare Rad.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Yeah, $425 seems like "We don't want to screw with it, but for insane jack, say $425, we will." I hate that. Just tell me you don't want the job.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson